Necron pictures - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necron pictures

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Necron pictures

Hey guys- just a heads-up to let you know that I've posted a rake of necron pictures in the gallery. There'll be a few more to follow. These were an army-standard commision job from a few years ago that I just had the chance to photograph. I dig the Tomb Lord (Destroyer body, phylactery, phaseshifter, warscythe)- he's formidable.

No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Just added a few more, including dead warrior counters. Here: http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...mages.php?c=37 Enjoy.

How sad, I just wrote the only reply to my own post. Loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you do the TS Lord? I was thinking of doing something similar. What does the 'TS focusing array' do? Is that included on your Lord?

Do the legs come together, or as 3 bits?

I was thinking of getting just the bits I needed from the GW site. I was thinking TS carapace, 3*TS legs, DLord body, arms, 'Scythe, spine. And, of course, some green stuff.

Anything else needed?
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

I've had quite a few queries about the Tomb lord but he's a bit tricky to describe so I'll do some photos (luckily I have a TS in bits so I can get pics) and write a clear explanation. I'll drop in it the conversions area in a few days and let you know. Thanks for the comments, guys.

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Pretty nice!
    Be careful to mix a bit of water with your paint, though (yup, even for drybrushing), it'll thin out the paint and you'll avoid the grainy effect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AKM
    Pretty nice!
    Be careful to mix a bit of water with your paint, though (yup, even for drybrushing), it'll thin out the paint and you'll avoid the grainy effect.
    That's a valid call but they don't look that grainy in real life. I think it's a combo of low pixel count and high zoom- I'm still refining my photography. Most of the army was painted in one weekend (40 warriors, the scarabs, 5 immortals, both lords, 2 TS, the wraiths and the dead guys) so I'm pretty happy with them.
    When you thin your paints for drybrushing don't you find that they smear more?

+ Reply to Thread