Wow- Large Point Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow- Large Point Armies

I have just found out that I have a fairly decent 2500pts army.

1 Lord, 1 Pariah being converted into a Lord

10 Warriors being converted into Immortals

49 Warriors

4 Destroyers, 14 Scarabs

2 Heavy Destroyers, 1 Monolith

1 Small Pony, on a Tau Drone base, on a 40mm poker chip, with sand on it, who is there because the Deceiver called in sick. (No, really, I do use it as a C'tan- it does say in the codex that they can alter their form to suit their needs and purposes. It's not my fault if he needs to be a pony).

I want to bring it up to 3000. Anybody else play at this level?

I was thinking definitely max out the Ds and HDs, maybe get a few more warriors. Any other idrections I should take it in?

What are 3000pt games like? It would probably be me against 3 of my friends- the people I normally play with have to stretch to get 1500...

*In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

I don't know much about Necron army composition, but. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    1 Small Pony, on a Tau Drone base, on a 40mm poker chip, with sand on it, who is there because the Deceiver called in sick. (No, really, I do use it as a C'tan- it does say in the codex that they can alter their form to suit their needs and purposes. It's not my fault if he needs to be a pony).
    LMAO!!! :lol:
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We played a 3v3 4500pts game (1500pts a piece) last week... 3 Necrons Vs Imperial Guard/Space Marines/WitchHunters.

2 Squads of maxed destroyers works very well, they were constantly gunning down several troops a turn and earned their points over. We also used a destroyer lord & warscythe with a unit of wraiths to crack a binker to spectacular effect...we took 2 monoliths and then a unit of heavys to take out the 2 crusaiders and the leman russ...one crusaider and one leman russ in the first turn

we used another VoD lord to carry around immortals throughout the game...however our army was more geared to mobility and run and gun tactics.

things that work well

2 Units of Maxed Destroyers
    Unit of Wraiths With Destroyer Lord
    Duel Monoliths would consider 3 but those heavy ds are to valuable IMO

I would try to take another unit of immortals and paraihs...we had so many warriors that nvr saw combat and some that only got in 2 or 3 turns of shooting...maybe talk with your opponent about extending the force organization chart to add on to heavy support or fast attacks.

As far as what they are like...I like the massive size of the battle, it was really fun but i dont know that i would want to play something that big by myself on a regular basis... i just think it would just take to long...it took the 6 of us about 2.5hrs to play and a good 20minutes to deploy and clean up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    I read in a post a while ago where someone used a model of a cow as the Nightbringer using the same logic. I love GW sometimes (too bad I hate them the rest of the time)!
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oric: because I will have 2 Lords, I can split into 2 FOCs using the allies thing, so I will have no trouble with FOC slots.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

My current necron list tops out at 4700(i like variety) but if your looking for a single large army then i'd suggest maxing out those destroyer squads and getting tomb spyders(3), that should add about 250 points, then grab a couple of wraiths or a second lord, as the more points you have the more necrons that need res. orb cover.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Honestly, at this stage I'd bite the bullet and buy a NightBringer. Then spend 100 hours painting it as well as you possibly can. It seems silly buying more troops while you have that embarassment in there.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i posted a 3000 pt list but have never played at that level. so if you want to try mine here is a link http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ipe-dream.html

hope this helps you. i don't think too many peopole play at that level though as it wuld prove to be a long game. just my opinion though.
    "One after one, by the star-dogged moon,
    Too quick for groan or sigh,
    Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
    And cursed me with his eye.

Four times fifty living men,
    (And I heard nor sigh nor groan)
    With heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
    They dropped down one by one"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint monkey
    Honestly, at this stage I'd bite the bullet and buy a NightBringer. Then spend 100 hours painting it as well as you possibly can. It seems silly buying more troops while you have that embarassment in there.
    Bah. The pony hardly seems an embarassment. However, perhaps you -should- make the unit a bit more Necrony. You could mod a warrior to ride the pony, perhaps with a festive cowboy hat and chaps.

In fact, I think I see an idea for a Necron army right there. Use horses for destroyer bodies and a large stable or barn as a Monolith. If you can field it with a straight face, you'll already have won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint monkey
    Hah. I laugh at your 'embarassment'. What could be more terrifying than a dark shape speeding over the hillcrest, swiping at a unit of guardsmen and slaughtering them all, then speeding towards you, and as you gaze upon its countenance in your final few seconds of pitiful existace, you know that you have had the honour of sighting the Thanas Legion C'tan, in all his ponyness.

In an attempt to make him more necron-y, I have replaced his rather fetching pink and yellow halter with black and gold. But that was only so that one of my friends would let me play with it.

It can't really fit a warrior on it, it is about the length of a scarab.

So, thanks for the help everyone, I think I'll fill out the destroyers, then maybe go for a TS or 3, then a few more troops.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast