Leadership tests - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leadership tests

ok...A synapse creature passes all leadership tests....any tyranid unit within 12" of the synapse creature does as well.... what about leadership tests for shooting a unit further away than the closest unit. Example: A warrior with a vc is chillin...up comes two units from the other side of the board... the closest, space marine scouts, and the further, space marine tact squad. Do i have to take a leadership test to shoot the tact squad instead of the closer scout sqaud?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

This question is specifically answered on page 28 of the Tyranid Codex, first bullet point about the benefits of Synapse. All Tyranid creatures still need to make target priority checks, even if in range of Synapse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

There is a rule somewhere in the codex that states synapse does not assist target priority rolls. I don't have the codex handy but it's definitely in there somewhere. So your Warriors have to make the test just like everyone else. But remember that monstrous creatures never have to roll for target priority.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Not that it's a problem for anything but Gaunts, given the high Ld of everything else. Then again, Gaunts will usually be firing at the closest targets anyway.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    This question is specifically answered on page 28 of the Tyranid Codex, first bullet point about the benefits of Synapse. All Tyranid creatures still need to make target priority checks, even if in range of Synapse.
    True, but the FAQ on the GW site specifically states that they do, in fact, automatically pass all tests for target priority if under the effects of Synapse. Much love for the FAQ ^_^ Of course, it also talks about mutations, so one is left wondering if it's still applicable at all

I am curious though: Do TMCs have to take the test, or do they auto-pass it like a tank does?
    Last edited by Xardian; January 25th, 2006 at 23:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xardian
    True, but the FAQ on the GW site specifically states that they do, in fact, automatically pass all tests for target priority if under the effects of Synapse. Much love for the FAQ ^_^ Of course, it also talks about mutations, so one is left wondering if it's still applicable at all
    That FAQ is no longer on GW's site as it only applied to the old codex. As such, anything that it said is now irrelevant and has no effect on the rules in the current codex.

I am curious though: Do TMCs have to take the test, or do they auto-pass it like a tank does?
    Tyranid Monstrous Creatures are just like normal monstrous creatures and therefore follow the same rules.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    That FAQ is no longer on GW's site as it only applied to the old codex. As such, anything that it said is now irrelevant and has no effect on the rules in the current codex.
    Well, actually... it is still on GW's site though from the looks, yeah. Doesn't apply anymore

Tyranid Monstrous Creatures are just like normal monstrous creatures and therefore follow the same rules.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xardian
    Well, actually... it is still on GW's site though from the looks, yeah. Doesn't apply anymore
    Blah. . . I was looking at the UK site, which it got removed from quite a while ago. *shrugs*

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Blah. . . I was looking at the UK site, which it got removed from quite a while ago. *shrugs*
    Yeah, I think the US site needs to take it down, too. It'd be less confusing.

Of course it'd also be nice if they finally got the PDF for the Chaos 4.2 FAQ finished and up on the site so we can stop using the google-cached forum version :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

It'd be nice if all the FAQs received another update to clear up all the problems introduced with the new rules and to clear up issues that the existing FAQs didn't address. I say this alot. . . :rolleyes:

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast