Tau Equivalent Of Eldar Craftworlds? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be amazing if there were Tau factions, who although all fought for the greater good, had different specialiaties, like craftworlds do. e.g. one army focusing on crisis suits, while another would prefer fast attack (Tau hover bikes?).
    This would increase originality in Tau armies as well. Post ideas about this subject here i.e ideas for units, stats original weapons etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I don't have the Tau book but I can try.
    (( Firstly because we are making this up I assume it's not against copyright?))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read the fluff, that is exactly how the Tau work. Certain worlds are devoted to various factions (water, air, earth). Within the earth (warrior castes), they specialize in differing types of combat based upon certain values.
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know there are 4 castes; fire, water, earth, air, and fire is the warrior caste not earth. But I waas wondering if there could be certain factions of Tau who do not fight as vanilla Tau and have different ways of conducting battle. This could be worlds that have different ways of fighting than normal Tau , or it could be that a certian etherial has affected their way of fighting. In this way, one faction of tau could armour their tau fire warriors with a light, smaller version of crisis armour. In rules terms, this could give them a 3+ armour save, the slow and purposeful rule, and about 8 more points to their total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TEXE2003@Dec 5 2003, 13:18
    In this way, one faction of tau could armour their tau fire warriors with a light, smaller version of crisis armour. In rules terms, this could give them a 3+ armour save, the slow and purposeful rule, and about 8 more points to their total.
    nice idea. mabye have to be +10 points, cause FW&#39;s weapons are so good, eh? well now that i think about it, necrons got a crapload of sh&#33;t (gauss weapons, 3+, WBB, BS/WS/S/T = 4), and they are only 18 points(evvvvillll). So 18 sounds about right.

tooo bad that&#39;ll never happen, period. GW is wack, we wont see any significant additions for years, outside of that WACKa&#036;&#036; railrifle, ehh? I think people need to stop thinking up ideas, like craftworlds cause they are NEVER going to be official unless GW wants them to be official, what can a bunch of whining losers on Librarium do?

not to totally dash all of your hopes: here is an alternative:

You could do something simliar to that using VDR.

say a Tank that is open-topped (so they can shoot), walker, with pretty high armor, that transports 12 FW, eh? provide protection and mobility. mabye put
    one or two crissis weapons on it. definitly booster use of FW and transports. anybody got the Army Builder disc? Its got VDR for everyone, right?

hey, so you can use VDR stuff you make as long as you get opponnents permission? nice. most people dont mind, cause VDR vehicles cost more points than a normal vehicle, but you do get what you wanted. a land radier costs 250, in VDR it would take 300 points to make the same Land Raider,

Im not familiar with Tau VDR, but i would like to be, i wonder if its even possible to make such a thing...

i guess i hafta get the 30&#036; army builder CD and find out. is it really worth 30&#036;? money mongering brits..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Tau is currently set up you could build a heavily crisis suit army of a all inf army. However there are no special rules for those types of armys. I agree that it would be cool have some more specilized armies other than Farsight. But remember Tau are the new guys on the block, they have not been out all that long in GW standards and they are giving them more inf choices in the future. Like the pathfinders with rail guns. But in time I do believe Tau will get their own different spet world armys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***Text deleted by Shas&#39;o Va&#39;Suam Sha&#39;is***

Buy the Chapter Approved 2002 and 2004 for the Tau VDR rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Cough pirate software unendorsed by GW, you have been formally warned against this sort of thing, dont do it in future, etc,etc, read the rules, etc, cough.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Closed Thread