Why are the Eldar such poor shots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

Why are the Eldar such poor shots

Why are the Eldar such poor shots. You would think that any soldier who had a lifespan of several thousand earth years would have a ws and bs of 4 as a standard. Or is it that they are too arrogant to spar or go to the firing range to practice?
    :hmm:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Play Ulthwe are your wish will come true, where guardians have WS 4 and BS 4...pending on the type of guardian
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

The Eldar Path

Fluff Reason:

The Eldar cannot afford to spend too much time focusing upon any one aspect of their life or they will become totally obsessed with it and unable to do anything else, ie: Exarchs. This is regarded as a bad thing, because if your entire society is composed of Exarchs, there are no seers, no bonesingers, no artists, no ship builders, no food production types, no technicians, no plumbers(if eldar have plumbers), and perhaps most important, no new eldar, as I'm pretty sure the Exarchs are all too busy practising how to kill things to have time for making, having and raising little eldar tykes.

So typically, eldar will move from one career to another. Those presently practising the way of the warrior are aspect warriors and have the 4 BS and WS.

The guys with the 3 BS(guardians) are not regular warriors, they are the regular civilians who happen to get called up because there's not enough aspect warriors to meet the threat.

Game Balance Reason:

The eldar have some of the best weapons in the game. If all of them were also all good at using those weapons, they'd have to cost more points, giving you less eldar in your army, causing:

Cash Reason

GW loses money because less people are buying Space Marines( ) and instead buying small, ultra elite Eldar armies.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey
    Fluff Reason:

The Eldar cannot afford to spend too much time focusing upon any one aspect of their life or they will become totally obsessed with it and unable to do anything else, ie: Exarchs. This is regarded as a bad thing, because if your entire society is composed of Exarchs, there are no seers, no bonesingers, no artists, no ship builders, no food production types, no technicians, no plumbers(if eldar have plumbers), and perhaps most important, no new eldar, as I'm pretty sure the Exarchs are all too busy practising how to kill things to have time for making, having and raising little eldar tykes.

So typically, eldar will move from one career to another. Those presently practising the way of the warrior are aspect warriors and have the 4 BS and WS.

The guys with the 3 BS(guardians) are not regular warriors, they are the regular civilians who happen to get called up because there's not enough aspect warriors to meet the threat.

Game Balance Reason:

The eldar have some of the best weapons in the game. If all of them were also all good at using those weapons, they'd have to cost more points, giving you less eldar in your army, causing:

Cash Reason

GW loses money because less people are buying Space Marines( ) and instead buying small, ultra elite Eldar armies.

yea you have a point there Grey, GW woludn't do anythng that might make them lose alot of money so that is a reason for some other things wrong with other armies as well
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Dude, if you've been training to be the master cookie baker of your craftworld for the past ten years and you get called back into service, you're not gonna be the best shot in the world, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

we do have superior aim. Mon Keigh conscripts have less Ballistic skill then our conscripts (i.e guardians).
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

BS 3 is enough, you up to BS 4, well... we can argue that our brothers.. DE have great BS..

But we are cheaper points, and we want to stay as cheap as we can get. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar cannot afford to spend too much time focusing upon any one aspect of their life or they will become totally obsessed with it and unable to do anything else, ie: Exarchs.
    It's a good thing that Eldar don't have fraternity houses in college. Their entire society would be obsessed with beer and sex. Now that I consider it.... is that a bad thing?

I love making fun of poor storyline writing. Any race where every single member became obsessed with something to the point of it overtaking their lives would have never left the stone age while they searched for their favorite berries.

Worlds Collide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look don't take this personally but this has been delt with in th eldar wish list thread and continues to be under debate, somefor some against the whole thing comes to is gw decided not to make em bs4 and that is the way it will stay until the new codex.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Worlds Collide
    It's a good thing that Eldar don't have fraternity houses in college. Their entire society would be obsessed with beer and sex. Now that I consider it.... is that a bad thing?
    Yeah, that's pretty much a description of Eldar before the fall. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast