What Made You Play Tau? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One day, a fellow 40k player told me that perhaps the best way to choose an army was to pick the race that best suited your personality and morals. Do any of you think that's true in regards to playing Tau, or did you choose our little blue friends for other reasons, such as their general modus operandi? I just sort of wanted to see what selling points of the Tau grabbed youselves as players. Personally, I picked Tau after looking at both Imperial Guard and Space Wolves, after learning more about the background of 40k and finding that I really despised the ignorance and xenophobia of the Imperium. I then learnt more about the Tau, liking their high-technology, shootyness, and the idea and ethics behind the Greater Good, which I agree with totally. Anyway, I know why I'm here, so how about you?

"...But know this: We are the Tau, emissaries of the Greater Good, and we will not rest until we see this galaxy brought into the freedom of the Tau'va.

Our day will come. And it is coming soon."

~ attr. Shas'o Fal'shia Kauyon Yr Nan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at a friend's house, looking at a WD when I saw em the first time...
    I was madly in love just by the look of them. So I ran home going on the net and using about 5 houres in a row looking them up everywere... and next morning i got the codex!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are most akin to a modern military force and they are not dark and forboding like every other race in 40k. Plus they are on the rise and expanding rapidly, and their society has no faults. They are the only truly &#39;Good Guys&#39; in 40k (except maybe the Biel-Tan Eldar and Exodites). <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone just started a thread on the same thing... <_<
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...link.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was my post i think, asking why people chose tau.

try to search before posting.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tau look cool and are fun to use&#33;
    The Battle Suits also look like the mecha from Robotech, so that gives me a big plus&#33; Also, the weapons that they have access to are totally cool&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I choose the Tau, meanly for their fluff and good looking mini&#39;s

They have good rules and are not strong nor weak ( only if you want CC dont take Tau, but kroot mercenaries ) their weapons are long-ranged, so that makes the Tau shooty and i like that.

--for the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the flair that they have (they just look so darn cool&#33 and I liked their ethics of the greater good. After getting the codex and reading what they were like, I was hooked on buying them. I could barely contain myself when I got the army box set&#33; I sat down and just started building. I am still happy that I play as Tau because they are a lot of fun to play as too&#33; They have a very great strength, but a huge glaring weakness as well...it&#39;s very interesting to play them. For the Greater Good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHAS DON&#39;T SPAM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; YOU ALREADY POSTED IN THE OTHER ONE WHICH WAS THE SAME THREAD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...link.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play them because they are the most moral army. Also, every race is based on a civilization or history period in real life. The tau are based on either china or Japan but I am thinking Japan.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast