Harlequins V Necrons Campaign HELP! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequins V Necrons Campaign HELP!

Hiya! Me and a few friends are currently playing a campaign at the moment and one of the things that is involved, is a few missions of Harlequins VS Necrons.

Now I'm not only asking for advice on what stratergies etc to use but I am told to create a 3500/4000/5000 point list that I feel I may need help with.

The Idea behind the 3500/4000/5000pts list is that this is what I'll be able to choose from for about 4 games against the necrons which will be using an Ascending points list each game in intervals of 500pts to a maximum of about 2000pts, but the twist is that whatever I lose in any game is lost for the four missions (I'm thinking that 3.5/4kpts is more appropriate for the Harlequins).

So basically I'm in a bit of a pickel about what to choose as my 4000pts reserves and how many points I should limit myself to in the first and/or second game, also that I'm rather new to the whole Harlequin thing...

Now, this "split off" of a larger campaign as a whole isn't for quite a while so feel free as to take your time in coming up with anything that may be of help, or just plain interesting in reference to this subject, all in all, anything and everything will be greatly appreciated thx :w00t:

Last edited by pobard; January 30th, 2006 at 14:14.
    "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it... Then it's probably safe to log a bit more" - David Tench

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this all depends what Harlequin rules you are playing by.

I think any harle list over 1500pts isn't gonna be effective and very boring...i mean all u can take is a boat load of troups after taking ur shadow seer, solitaire and great harle.

You may have major problems VS his monoliths. You can take brightlance deathjesters but u need 6s to even glance that thing. I think there is a good chance a monolith or 2 alone will wipe your harle army. You would have no problem taking down any gods he might use though.

Can you take an eldar detachment as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the rules, I still need to get a confirmation on what lists I'll be using (I have both #39 and #44) but I think as u mentioned before about being "ineffective at 1500pts+" I'll be able to use both issues and I should hopefully be allowed to take a CW Eldar detachment or two.

The other thing about the monolith, I was thinking that hawires could do well seeing as they do something on a 2+ regardless and that I can almost put them on every model in my army too. It might be the getting into combat part that may become the magic trick for me...

I also have the "codex harlequin update 3rd ed" created by EldarOnline and a few others, this is rather interesting but I must get this confirmed as it dosent seem to be from CJ...

there we go! I hope this helps
    "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it... Then it's probably safe to log a bit more" - David Tench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I really can't help much more without knowing what harle list you can play with. I know the EO you have the best chance with...but most people wont let you play with that list in my experience and as other people on this forum know I am not fond of using a fansite list. Too me it feels like an empty victory if you win cause then your opponent can say "that list is cheesy!" or something.

But if you are planning on killing monoliths with haywires good luck, you only get 1 grenade attack in CC and you hit skimmers on 6s then penetrate on 5,6 or 6s i believe. Plus that thing will toast your harles up close with that 12" every unit takes D6 S:5 hits deal. So IMO to rely on haywires isn't to good and if you do knock one out it most likely killed 250pt or more of harlequins.

If you got some Eldar support D-cannons or wraithguard you may fair well. Oh and guardians for some eldar walls if u have the points starcannons platforms too.

But thats all the advice i can give other then take lots of powerweapons/blades on the harles that can if your fighting necrons.
    Last edited by designer891; January 31st, 2006 at 01:28.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As for "boring" and such lists... with the standard Harlies 'dex, it will get very boring.

However, if you can persuade your buddies to let you play using the EldarOnline version, you can have a lot more variety in the list. :yes:

As for general stuff... hit the Necron units. Ignore the Monolith - it can't hurt you that badly, for the amount of trouble you'd be going through.

Necrons are weak in CC - you will always strike before them, pretty much. Load up on the Power Weapon stuffs, maybe some Harlequin's Kisses, and you should be set as long as you hug cover enough. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    As for "boring" and such lists... with the standard Harlies 'dex, it will get very boring.

However, if you can persuade your buddies to let you play using the EldarOnline version, you can have a lot more variety in the list. :yes:

As for general stuff... hit the Necron units. Ignore the Monolith - it can't hurt you that badly, for the amount of trouble you'd be going through.

Necrons are weak in CC - you will always strike before them, pretty much. Load up on the Power Weapon stuffs, maybe some Harlequin's Kisses, and you should be set as long as you hug cover enough. :yes:

I agree except hugging cover wont help, they all ready get cover saves of 4+ anyways, unless you mean stay out of site as long as possible ... then i agree too. :yes:

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by designer891
    I agree except hugging cover wont help, they all ready get cover saves of 4+ anyways, unless you mean stay out of site as long as possible ... then i agree too. :yes:
    Indeed that's what I meant. :yes:

Hugging cover is different than going through cover - it's more like running alongside it, instead of just directly towards your enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

My 2 cents worth

I recommend that you take a Farseer and 5 warlocks from craftworld __________________ (I'm not sure which craftworld can use wraithguard as troops), at least 1 detachment of 10Wraithguard. Equip all psykers with Ghosthelm, rune armor(both kinds), spirit stones, and singing spears. Attach them all to the wraithguard. Give the farseer guide and defend. give warlocks (1) conceal, (1) enhance, (3) destructor. See how this works for you.
    :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

I recommend that you take a Farseer and 5 warlocks from craftworld __________________ (I'm not sure which craftworld can use wraithguard as troops), at least 1 detachment of 10Wraithguard. Equip all psykers with Ghosthelm, rune armor(both kinds), spirit stones, and singing spears. Attach them all to the wraithguard. Give the farseer guide and defend. give warlocks (1) conceal, (1) enhance, (3) destructor. See how this works for you.
    1. Your assumign he can actually take normal eldar units.

2. The craftworld your referring to is Iyanden.

3. There is only one type of rune armor, I believe you are referring to the Runes of Winessing and the Runes of warding...and the runes of Warding are absolutely useless in this campaign as he's playing against necrons and they don't ahve any psychic powers.

Please read the thread before offering advice.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the hugging cover advice guys! That'll definately help, one other thing is that the Monolith wont probably come in untill the 2nd last game earliest (this campaign isnt competitive rather than story based so I do feel as if I'm in there with a chance of getting to use the EO based dex). So I'm not really to worried about it + would it be possibly easier to avoid the monolith rather than focus on it?? But the biggest problem I could imagine when going up against one is the flexibility it can give the necrons (pulling units out of combat etc I'm not 100% sure tho...)

Just one thing to remember: The guys that I'm doing the campaign with dont usually yell cheeze unless its something to do with marines, and if we find something that does seem to be over the top we just usually agree on the fact after the first game and restart with the list. I also can ask these guys 4 help with any problems with "terms and conditions" as such, I'm just not familiar with Harlequins and my friends know next to nothing about them.
    So I decided to ask you guys and get your opinion on my situation + I'll get back to you's as soon as I get everything confirmed (wich probably wont be for about a week )...

But keep up with the help and advice!!! :w00t:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast