Broodlord 1st turn annoyance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Broodlord 1st turn annoyance

There's a Tyranid player at my hobby store who deploys a Broodlord, with 9 Genestealers equipped with Scuttlers. They infiltrate, get a Scout move, and Fleet of Foot, and if he gets the first turn, they always get the charge. Always. So my question is,

Is this legal?

He says equipping his Genestealers with Scuttlers enables his Broodlord to get the upgrade for free as well. Infiltrate, Scouts, Move, Fleet, and Assault: 18" away, with a 19-24" possible move. It sounds too good to be true. Can anyone back this up? Thanks a lot.

2H - LEGIO HYDRA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

No, its not. Knock him out next time you see him. Cannot take scuttlers.

OT5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short answer is it is not legal.

First off the brodlord can not fleet of foot; it is not stated in his special rules in the codex so therefore he can’t. Second, giving the broodlord’s routine scuttlers does not confer the ability to the broodlord and there is no option for it in his profile.

For further information use the search option as there has been previous threads on this topic.

Hope that helps.
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and win where I fight."
    ~General George S. Patton

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means for preserving peace."
    ~George Washington

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
    ~General Dougles MacAuther

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

OT5 and LictorInTheGrass are correct.

Genestealers can Fleet and they can purchase Scuttlers, but a Brood Lord can't. So if the retinue has these biomorphs, they can't use their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question of my own, Say i give feeder Tendrils to my blood lord, do i have to give them to his retinue. If i don't then i am deffinantly taking it, help out my gaunts and Warriors.
    Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow and death I shall fear no evil: for i am the meanist son-of-a-b1tch in the valley.

We Realise That Conflict Is Pointless, In Other Words, We Spy Then Steal All The Jelly!

[/RIGHT] Last Words of Eldrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schmallz
    I have a question of my own, Say i give feeder Tendrils to my blood lord, do i have to give them to his retinue. If i don't then i am deffinantly taking it, help out my gaunts and Warriors.
    I wouldn't think so, as he is an IC and can select things differently. It's like giving the BL EC or implant attack. You do not need to give it to stealer retinue.

OT5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. The brood lord and retinue both have different entries in the codex there for they do not have to have the same biomophs. For example if you gave the brood lord an acid maw that does not man that he retinue has to take it as the do not even have the option.
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and win where I fight."
    ~General George S. Patton

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means for preserving peace."
    ~George Washington

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
    ~General Dougles MacAuther

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Hah, that would be so unfair having a fleeting / scuttling broodlord infiltrate 12-18" away. Yeah, as mentioned, it's very illegal. Remember: Squads can only move as fast as their slowest model. In this case, the Broodlord with no scuttle and no fleet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to prove it isn't legal

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHats
    He says equipping his Genestealers with Scuttlers enables his Broodlord to get the upgrade for free as well. Infiltrate, Scouts, Move, Fleet, and Assault: 18" away, with a 19-24" possible move. It sounds too good to be true. Can anyone back this up? Thanks a lot.
    The others have already said it, but here is how you can prove it to him.

In the main book, Universal special rules (I think it's page 85 or so). Each listing does or does not have an asterisk. If you checkl that asterisk's meaning, it says whether or not the ability is conveyed to ICs that join the unit (or to the unit an IC with the abliity joins).

Though I don't have my book with me, that should give you all you need to show that Scouting and Fleet are not granted to an IC that joins a unit that has them, and if an IC that has them joins a unit that does, the unit loses them while the IC is joined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly...why bother giving him or any other stealer tendrils? 95% of the time they still only need a 3+ to hit. What's the point?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast