"Dark eldar are so cheesy..." - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Dark eldar are so cheesy..."

why do i keep getting complaints that dark eldar are cheesy? apparently people are afraid of facing my webway strikes and my "bazillion" dark lances.
    oh, and 30" charge wyches are apparently broken.

who else gets these complaints? i'm not even very good with my DE, i've recently started but already with the complaints.

i try to defend it by coming up with weak points to counteract things like raiders being so cheap but sometimes i can't seem to think of anything. what are the main weaknesses of the book?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Really?

Wow, usually people underestimate DE and don't think they're that good and they're hard to play with. That's suprising.

Maybe tell them how weak your units are?

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell them you're playing the most underused army in the 40k universe, and that maybe if they got their minds out of the MEQ box that they've constructed, they'd not only be able to play something more original or use their MEQ units in a more original way, but they'd be able to counteract the unique strengths of a DE force by using a little thing called creativity and strategy.

That should shut them up

-Slathe

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Dark eldar are deadly if you play em right, especially wych cult thats the best army in the game by 40k standards. I dont think they are cheesy cause they are hard to play with. If your good with em, then... they might be cheesy from your oponent's view.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Either DE sucks or DE are broken... how lovely it is, isnt it?

I truly despise gamers like this "If I cant beat your army its cause its broken and cheesey" which translates roughly into "I´m stupid, I´m very stupid, I´m an annoying griefer, I should start using tactics, I maybe should try and take a look on my own list for faults".

I dont know what to say really, just maybe introduce them to something that is called tactical thinking and not just put their army on auto-pilot each battle.

or counter give them a taste of their stupid comments back ;
    "having t4 and 3+ on your troops is soooo cheesey".
    "Using a Land Raider is overpowered, its av14!!"
    "Wraithlords are sooooo cheesey".
    "Starcannons are so overpowered".
    "<insert Random dumbass argument>".

Or just look for other opponents :yes:
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

My opponents really dislikes wyches. According to them, wyches are cheesy, and easily wipe out twice their own point value of genestealers or assault terminators in a single round ect. I have tried to tell them, that even though it happens from time to time, wyches are not really that hard hitting, and that they furthermore has a weakness against shooting that balances out their mad cc skills. Seriously, I know that wyches are good, but broken...? I think not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, since it seems that dark eldar have literally no variety to choose from, so we are forced to play what we have. That is different from my game store, dark eldar pretty much is seen as an aarmy that collects dust. I myself have converted from dark eldar. Read another codex, and you'll see how GW has pretty much given dark eldar a disadvantage.
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x6)

Tell them to take more bolters, pulse rifles, gauss flayers, etc. Basic weapons are probably the best weapons to use against DE. And Raiders have to be cheap because they're really easy to take out. People who call DE cheesy are just people who can't understand the abilities of their basic weapons.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

It's sad, isn't it? To think that Dark Eldar are widely regarded as one of the worst armies in the game until you actually play against them. While you do not see much variety in terms of Dark Eldar lists, they can be pretty hard to deal with and this leads people to claim that they're cheesy/beardy because they don't have the tactics to deal with them. Personally, I think it has to do with arrogance and overconfidence in their own abilities more than anything else, plus the fact that they've been playing against MEQs for too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit
    It's sad, isn't it? To think that Dark Eldar are widely regarded as one of the worst armies in the game until you actually play against them. While you do not see much variety in terms of Dark Eldar lists, they can be pretty hard to deal with and this leads people to claim that they're cheesy/beardy because they don't have the tactics to deal with them. Personally, I think it has to do with arrogance and overconfidence in their own abilities more than anything else, plus the fact that they've been playing against MEQs for too long.
    The overconfidence thing is a big part of it. My first game out w/ my DE army last week was with a bloated 1200 pt army (i only brought enough stuff for 1000 pts, 1100 i guess since I had my talos with me, so the last 100 pts were more wargear and whatnot i threw on for the benefit of my opponents), I played a two v two, my friend had orks, and he and I teamed up against an ironfist marine player and a ravenguard. Needless to say the ravenguard guy went full assault build, spent about 27 pts per model, and ran right at my one wych squad and my teammates killa kans. I told him flat out he'd lose to my wyches if he got into melee, but he was too ****y to listen. If he had just kept using his jetpacks to fallback and shoot he would have wiped out all of my wyches before i caught him (the one round of fire from 1/4 his squad (the rest had no los) took out 1/4 my wych squad). But he was too ****y and underestimated my wyches. They wiped him out in about 2 assaults.

Same sort of situation happened w/ my ork player and the ironfist guys dreads. Instead of keeping moving and shooting their assault cannons, he charged the orks. The powerclawed ork killed a dread anytime it got into combat. I think too many players, especially MEQ players, just don't think beyond the MEQ setup, and so anything different can really come out of the woodworks and catch them off guard, and they dont think, because they're so sure of their powerful MEQ army, of how to deal with it in a better manner.

-Slathe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast