Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors

With what weapons does everyone like to equip their warriors and why? And do spinefists give an extra attack to the model using them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I've never personally used Warriors but a bloke in the same gaming crew as me uses wings and rending claws. Fast, close combat support for synapse.

Spinefists are just a twinlinked gun and do not give extra attacks. The only way that a nid can get extra attacks (for holding multiple weapons) is scything talons. So they aren't like pistol+sword for other armies.

Hope thaqt helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For cc warriors i like: Rending claws, stcything talons, adrenal glands - I, extended carapace and leaping. These are fairly cheap and are very nasty in cc against MEq's, as well as provide great support.

For shooty warriors, i go with scything talons, extedned carapace, enhanced senses, 1 w/ venom cannon and the rest (usually 2) w/ deathspitters.

And as solo said, nids only get an extra attack from a set of scything talons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orc "Huge" Boss
    With what weapons does everyone like to equip their warriors and why? And do spinefists give an extra attack to the model using them?
    Good question about the spinefists. Not sure. I would think not because the spinegaunts I don't think get the extra attack (maybe I'm wrong).

But as to the other question, Warriors I believe do have their place. They are a "middle unit". Jack of all trades, master of none. You can tool them to be decent cc, decent shooters, winged, and their synapse is a plus. I think it's perfectly fine to field them, just don't overload on them.

The main reason why i take warrs into a tourney setting is if the scenario is something like Traitor where I have to give up an Elite model. Yeah, no way in heck am I risking giving up my 114 pts Carnifex or my 80 pt Lictor (I don't use Lictors but the point being you don't want him to ahve it).

I usually give them EC, Leaping, Rending, and Scything. Maybe more upgrades depending if I have the points to spare.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

For cc warriors i like: Rending claws, stcything talons, adrenal glands - I, extended carapace and leaping. These are fairly cheap and are very nasty in cc against MEq's, as well as provide great support.

For shooty warriors, i go with scything talons, extedned carapace, enhanced senses, 1 w/ venom cannon and the rest (usually 2) w/ deathspitters.

And as solo said, nids only get an extra attack from a set of scything talons.
    Thats exlactly how i set mines out, combat or shooting not both but sometimes i feel rending on the shooty warriors is
    better to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Orc "Huge" Boss
    And do spinefists give an extra attack to the model using them?
    No the dont, just scything talons give them ah extra attack, it would state in there rules it i did.
    Last edited by Morden; February 6th, 2006 at 17:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvus
    For shooty warriors I prefer rending claws instead of scything talons. Rending typically performs better than talons against marines and having the ability to pop a tank thet gets too close is a nice touch.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i just made myself 4 warriors with wings and rending claws but without any other upgrades they wigh in at 38 pts each! i will use them for uber unit hinting only! (like wraithlords dreadnaughts etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCreampuff
    For shooty warriors I prefer rending claws instead of scything talons. Rending typically performs better than talons against marines and having the ability to pop a tank thet gets too close is a nice touch.
    Yeah, i would use RC, except that they don't come with enough RC in the box, and i don't want to use stealers, RC, which is wasting money, grrrrrr, WYSIWYG grrrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have

1 winged Warrior squad of 3
    2 x TW devs
    1 x barbed stranger
    Enhanced senses

1 non winged Warrior squad of 3
    2 x TW deathspitters
    1 x VC
    Enhanced senses

I don't like CC Warriors, they always seem to be too fragile compared to everthing else...so I always make mine as shooty as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astroth
    well i just made myself 4 warriors with wings and rending claws but without any other upgrades they wigh in at 38 pts each! i will use them for uber unit hinting only! (like wraithlords dreadnaughts etc.)
    em you know that you have to give the warriors two bioweapons right?

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast