The C'tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The C'tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The C'tan

Am i rigth in thinking that 4 c'tan survived and that two are currntly active? One is night bringer , 1 is deciever, 1 is dragon(i think) but i cant remember the other one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Its me!, but seriously, the last c'tan is the Outsider. He is trapped in a dyson sphere under the galactic plane.

He went insane after eating some on the other c'tan. I believe that the heretic tech abbot Corteswain has seen the Outsiders domain and was cast back beacuse of the mechanical parts he had on his body.

One of the tyranid fleets have actually completely avoided the sphere as they are striking from below the galatcic plane.
    Last edited by The_Outsider; February 7th, 2006 at 22:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol i always thought he was hiding in the forum :p thanks for the reply. Dragon is the one who the humans think is the machine god isnt he. But is he just sleeping or something or trapped like the outsider?

i hope GW make some rules for them becuase it would be a change form the two in the codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The Void Dragon is sleeping on mars, home of the adeptus mechanicus. It is a bit 50/50 wether he is the actual machine god or not. It is said that the basis for the STCs (standard template constructs) came from him. The first settlers on mars managed to keep him sleeping to stop him destroying everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you know how they kept him sleeping. But surely the emperor must have known about him. But if the STC's came form him surely they must be able to get new ones since they were lost/destroted in the heresy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

Nothing to my knowledge has been written. As for the technology thing, this was before the great crusade, it may even be before the dark age of technology (which would make sense).

The emporer may/may not know about the c'tan, even if he did he would not of been able to beat him if the dragon was awake.

The whole c'tan are a mystery, only the Nightbringer and Deciever have anything really written about them. The dragon has a little and the Outsider has next to nothing, what I have said is practically it.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot outsider. Im not to sure that the dragon could beat the emperor because spells are anthema to them and the emperor was a very gifted psyker. Thanks again for all the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

As agreed there are 4 C'tan (or Yngir if you want the Eldar word) still in existance.

The Nightbringer/Kaelis Ra who's story we all know from the Codex.

The Deceiver, who again we know from the Codex.

Then there is the Outsider. The Outsider fought with the Eldar Laughing God, who tricked it into devouring it's companions. The shards of it's companions remained bound to it, torturing it and driving it insane. Eventually it went into exile aboard it's Dyson Sphere, but the Eldar whisper one day it will return to reap a horrible vengeance upon them.

Finally there is the Void-Dragon. The Void Dragon was also one of the most powerful of the C'tan, with power nearly rivalling that of the Nightbringer. It's servants could apparently channel lightning and were nearly invincible, killing hundreds of Eldar each. The Talismens of Vaul (Blackstone fortresses) and Wraithguard/lords were originally weapons designed by the Eldar to fight that particular threat.

The tomb of the Void-Dragon is known to be on Mars, under the Noctis Labyrinthus mine workings. After the Mars incident the area was declared off-limits, though it is unknown if the Imperium knows exactly what is down there. A rogue group of heretical Adeptus Mechanicus view the Void-Dragon as the true machine god, instead of the Emperor (the Emperor is viewed as the Omissiah due to the divinity of the knowledge he carries. However these group of AD feel that the C'tan is actually their true machine god) and seek to locate his resting place and awake him.

A couple of handy links for you:

Eldar Mythology of the Necrons
    General Necron Fluff <-- Mostly official articles, but some are pretty old. Read the Mars incident one.
    Last edited by Addoran; February 8th, 2006 at 00:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

Yeah I knd of forgot about the whole warp=bad thing for the c'tan, in a straight fight noone can beat a c'tan.

No worries, i'm here to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the links addoran. also tho when you said "one day it will return to reap a horrible vengeance upon them." i was wondering who them was. The Deciever and its followers or the rest of the universe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast