Why Should I Play De - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I have been playing SM for about a year and I was thinking about starting a second army I have narrowed my choices down to 2 dark eldar and necrons.
    So I was wondering are there any advantages that DE have over necrons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed, Numbers, Badass handtohand , 4 different main approachs to the army ( a wych cult, raider rush, haemonculus coven, shooty). various conversion oppritunities, awsome evil fluff. and they look cool. Peaple also tell me necrons are an easy army to play and i dont think DE are really a beginners army, even though once you get used to them they are fairly easy to use IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want an evil army, Dark Eldar are the most evil of all of the armies. They capture enemies and then torture them, the saying for them is, "Pray they don't take you alive." Some will say that Necrons are evil, but they aren't. Necrons are just mindless automatons that do what the C'tan want. They are the fastest army and the points cost for them are considerably less. It's also a great change from Space Marines, since you no longer have the 3+ save (I hate that save). To play Dark Eldar, tactics are required. The Necrons also require tactics, but they don't require quite as much, and they have almost no options for the army. Overall, Dark Eldar are just more fun to use.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

DE are a challenge to play, they either win big or lose big.

With DE, the initiative is in your hands. You decide when to fight and where to fight. Even the most offensive army is forced to take a defensive position against DE, as they are one of the most mobile armies in the game and can easily re-deploy if the enemy is too strong on one part of the table. You use guerilla tactics, concentrate a lot of punch against a small part of the enemy army and leave no survivors who could return fire.

The downside is that DE are the most fragile army in 40K (except harlequins). Every mistake will be punished in a game with them (both yours and your opponent's ).
    Generally, with DE you win or lose because of tactics, not because of lucky dice.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the time, but some of the time the dice kill you. This one battle I had I continually fired dark lances (normally 5-6) at my opponents land raider some turns, dreadnought some turns, and whirlwind some turns, and the most I did was take away the land raiders lascannon, the dreadnoughts plasma cannon, and then I imobilized the whirlwind. After that I did nothing else the rest of the game, and my wychs got slaughtered in close combat when I assaulted a squad of his blood claws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are the only race that can pack 2 heavy weapons in a single warrior squad. That's 2 Dark Lances in a 10-man squad.

Ravagers are also a good deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two heavy weapons + 2 short range assault weapons .. that are up to 4 spezial weapons guys in a 10 man squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE are wicked fast and wicked powerful. The incubi are some of the most evil units in the game. I think they are more fun to play than the necron as well. Necron just seem boring whenever i use em, bc it doesnt take much strategy to use em fairly decently. The DE will either punish you severely, or punish your enemy severely depending on how you use em. Besides, it'd be nice to see more peepes playing DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I have decided im going to start DE all i need is some $$$ haha i will sell some models and stuff or get a job to bad im to young it sucks being 13 but if anyone has anything else please let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You defintely need to know what you're doing when playing DE, they are not even remotely forgiving as space marines.
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast