Mastering SM and I gaurd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mastering SM and I gaurd

Hey I have some neighborhood friends whoplay 40k, one has orks and I gaurd the other has SM (no specific chapters) the player with the 2000 IG is mostly going with heavyweapons teams, each of his infantry squads has a HWT and he has 2 platoons of infantry. He is also going with a Basilisk and Leman Russ (no demo) I don't know exactly what he has except for that. The SM has a Land Raider, a Whirlwind I think. command squad, 2 tactical squads, and an assault squad (not 2000)
    I have 2 FW teams 2 14man Kroot, Ethereal, AunShi, 2 railheads, 1 Fish w/ pathfinders (2 rail guns) 3 man broadside and a 3 man crisis (TW MP, MPw/PR, BCw/PR)

Help?

Bobotheguy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ig is the easiest thing ever. Lots of pie plates. Stealth will just chew the heck outta their troops. Crisis suits with a fustion blaster and a flamer can be suprisingly effective (no multi-tracker, you either drop next to a tank, or next to troops).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

The IG player must have something besides a basilisk, an LR, and 2 platoons in 2000 points. It is possible he's spent a lot of points on useless upgrades, making his IG force semi-elite, which is good news for you because it keeps his numbers down without drastically improving his troops' abilities.

Some recommendations: Do not deploy the broadsides as a trio. That's a big point sink and one that's pretty vulnerable to either IG or SM. A single BS is good for controlling a lane, but three, not so much. Break the Crisis suits into three separate units instead of one squad (an HQ and 2 elites). You can take or leave the ethereal.

+ Reply to Thread