Rules clarification: BS on Wraiths, TS, etc. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Riverside, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Rules clarification: BS on Wraiths, TS, etc.

I am perplexed. I'm new to WH40K, but I've read the Rules Book and think I have a basic understanding. Concerning the Ballistic Skill, though, on particular Necron units, it seems that they don't have a weapon with which to use this characteristic. Sure, the TS can be upgraded to have a partical projector, but what of the Wraith. The codex explains that it has claws. So what is that hefty BS4 good for?

Perhaps I completely misunderstand the rules. If someone would clarify this for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    New Zealand
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

That's a reasonable question. The straight answer is that there is no reason for it to be there but the studio guys like to give complete stat lines out of a sense of completeness. It's pretty common in WHM to find units that can't take missile weapons listed with a BS.
    The best way to look at it in this example is that the wraith has the same targeting software as a warrior- it just doesn't have the raygun hardware to use it. If only they'd used the same software on a TS... then those particle guns would be pretty savage.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread