Sisters frustration. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters frustration.

I play my tyranids against my friend's Sisters of Battle and he usually always beats me. My units just cant handle it when that Rhino rolls out from behind his lines, drops a squad with heavy flamer,flamer and 8 bolters right infront of my charging line and blows it to ****. Any other tyranid players have the same trouble vs sisters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Hell, your getting the weak end of a SoB style Rhino Rush.

Imagine this, and Immoltor rolls up, its got a TL HF, then from inside pop out 6 sisters, 1 wirth a combi Flamer and 4 Flamers or maybe the unit you can't get at because the've got 4 Heavy Bolters ripping into the units your trying to charge with.

Throw in Divine Guidance and either of those units can rip you a new big one.

I'd say that if that sole Rhino with ordinary SoBs is the worst of your problems, you got it pretty good!

Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I've had similar (burning) stick from our local SoB (hey...) and there are a couple of things that might make it easier to deal with:

1. Disperse your troops. Bunched-up 'stealers are a SoB cookout waiting to happen. Spread them out to their maximum 2" and keep them there. Losing 4 'stealers to the flames is better than losing nine.

2. Use throwaway units of gaunts to run interference for your more expensive units. This might actually be a good time to think about 'Without Number' to give you recycling cannon fodder.

3. Monstrous creatures. If you can stand to advance merely at the pace of your slowest creatures, hide behind them. Flamers barely touch T6 TMCs, and never get many of the big guys underneath a single template anyway.

4. Bait and pounce. Sacrifice a small group of tasty tasty 'stealers by putting them into range of the flaming rhino. On your next turn after the rhino unloads, target it with the gunfexes, zoanthropes, raveners, hormies and 'stealers that you had waiting in attack range.

Another thing to remember about SoBs is they're typically low toughness, which makes even spinegaunts come good in close assault against them.

Hope this helps,
    andrewthotep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

3. Monstrous creatures. If you can stand to advance merely at the pace of your slowest creatures, hide behind them. Flamers barely touch T6 TMCs, and never get many of the big guys underneath a single template anyway.
    Just a small note...Flamers are very common in SoB armies...but keep in mind that there is another common weapon too...Meltas. A bunch of Melta's will beat the crap outta MC's pretty quick, so you gotta watch out.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words: Outnumber and Outmaneuver.

The simple fact is that using spinegaunts you can easily outnumber almost any army with more than 2:1 advantage. Almost everything you have is also fast moving (fleet, wings, leaping).
    The idea is just to advance as one huge wave, take your losses and have most of your unit’s assault at the same time. Considering the speed of your units, the opponent gets on the average 2 turns worth of long-range shooting and with precise maneuvering (and with little luck) he never gets the chance to use most of those flamers against you. Now considering that you outnumber with 2:1 advantage (or more) in a worst case scenario you will lose about half of your forces before that one big assault, and in most cases you still have more than enough to kick the ass of almost any army in the assault phases.
    Works every time (well almost :rolleyes. This game is just too easy when the numbers are on your side, especially now that spinefists are TL weapons giving tyranids a cheap, fast moving and deadly unit (in my opinion spinegaunts are currently somewhat under priced).
    "I'm always right. Except for the times I'm not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words: Outnumber and Outmaneuve]
    I think howling coyote hit the nail on the head . Excellent quote.
    I believe you need numbers and have the cheaper troops up front. I have 120 wounds for my 1500pts army. Plus spinegaunts can hold thier own against sob if they are in synapse range. Plus one of our weakness is against skimmers and vehicles. So get some venom cannons help you deliever your army at his door step.
    bonekrusher

+ Reply to Thread