IG What to do?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG What to do??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG What to do??

Hey ive been playing Tau for about 8 months now and ive really only played my buddy who has Orks, but now we've both moved on to a second army me tyranids, and him IG. He got some IG for christmas and we played a experimental game once he had his models made. I was not lookin so good. He had Basilisk Leman Russ, 2 infantry squads, a command squad, and 3 heavy weapons team (las cannon, heavy bolter, and missle pod. I had 2 Rail heads, 3 broadsides, 2 12 man fire warrior squads and Aun Shi. I know what his army list is because im the one with the program, so can i get some help on how to beat this. (Ill get the list later today.)

My army is
    HQ Ethereal 2 gun drones, Aunshi
    Eliete 3 man Stealth 2 drones makerlight
    3 man crisis (TL MP, MP+PR, BC+PR) 2 drones
    Troop x2 12 man firewarrior teams ML 2 drones each
    x2 14 man kroot squad no shaper
    Fast 5 man Path team (2 railguns) devilfish 4 Seeker missles
    Heavy 3 man Broadside 2 SMS 1 TL PR 2 drones
    x2 Railhead with SMS 4 Seeker misles each

In terms of the new codex, i was going to drop the kroot, ethereal, and aunshi and get one of the Special characters, change the Railguns for paths to regular get 3 more stealths forcurrent squad, and a Shas'o with body gaurd, any other suggestions?

Thanks Bobotheguy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well if you didn't read all of the link above the best thing in my opinion about the tau is their troop transport. I like to put all the guns in one spot and then when the enemy get to close pile in and move to another spot on the table. This doesn't work in circumstances where you have to claim objectives uless you can weaken your opponet enough to move your stealths in and your crisis suits. I personally dont like the broad sides. Since i use the shoot then move tactic leaving my heavy firepower behind is not necessarily a good idea. So make squads mobile lots of pulse rifles burst cannons and plasma for carnifexes and smaller troops and of course the railhead.

+ Reply to Thread