Tau Crisis Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau Crisis Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my untested prototype crisis army rules

Tau Mer'Toa (it would mean mechanical) Faction

Equipment updates

Rail sub-carbine: This is a shortened version of the railgun, with a miniture linear acceration system, allowing a powerful but light gun.

Range: 36" S:7 Assualt 1 AP:2

Troops

XV5 Fire warrior armoured team

Pts Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
    Shas'la 20 2 4 3 3 1 2 1 7 3+
    Shas'ui +10 2 4 3 3 1 2 2 8 3+

Team: The team consists of between 5-8 suited fire warriors

Equipment: Pulse rifle

Options: 2 models in the squad can exchange their pulse rifles for a Fusion blaster at 10 points, a burst cannon at 8 points, a flamer at 5 points or a rail sub-carbine at 11 points. The squad can be equiped with photon grenades at +1 points per model and/or EMP grenades at +3 points per model.

Character: One Fire warrior Shas'la may be upgraded to a Shas'ui Team leader. He may have extra equipment out of the Tau Mer'Toa armoury.

Special rules

Improved characteristics: The light mechanical suits that the fire warriors wear improve their armour save to 3+. It also incorporates state of the art targeting arrays, which can be fitted onto the suits.

Slow and ponderous: The suits, although light, still make the fire warriors slow. Therefore, they are subject to the slow and ponderous rule.

Tau Droid squad

Pts WS BS S T W A I Ld Sv
    Droids 8 3 3 3 3 1 1 2 7 4+

These are tall mechanical robots witha human like structure, which are adaptable for any purpose.

Squad: A Tau droid squad consists of between 5-10 droids.

Equipment: Pulse carbines

Options: A tau droid squad can be equipped with a number of augmentations.

Counter lasers: These are lasers which are equipped to the head of the droid. They fire at nearby enemies, slowing them down and knoching them off balance. In rules terms, this means that a charging enemies WS is reduced by 1, in the first turn of combat. On further turns, roll 5+'s for each reamining droid. Count how many are passed and reduce this many of the enemies WS. +6 per member

Distraction reflecters: These deflect enemies view of the Droids. This allows them to infiltrate. +3 per member

Ballistic Carbine upgrade: These allow the droids to 'shoot' 1 EMP grenade onto a vechle with 6" range. A 4+ roll has to be passed for the EMP to be stuck on, but this also counts for non immbolised walkers as well. They are given EMP grenades automatically with this upgrade. +6 points

Auto repair: All droids when destroyed can take a 6+ roll. If passed, that droid is fully repaired. If destroyed by an instant kill though, it is not allowed this save. +4 points.

Hover propulstion (sp): The Droids hover in mid air allowing them to travel larger distances in a shorter amount of time. For the droid squad, you will have the option to roll an extra D6, to add on to the 6 " movement that the droids are already moving. Note that the droids must move 6" originally to benefit from the extra D6. +6 points

Next, ideas for Heavy support on a different post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good. Only bs 4 is to high compared to the normal units, but I wouldnt mind having them as bs 4 units :rolleyes: .

Please post more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments and improvements are welcome. Also ideas for the HQ are also. I'm leaving it at that for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weel, I think they are fun ideas. I suspect alot of die-hards will cry out in anguish about even entetaining ideas. I think the droids WS is too high. Other than for house rules it will never go over, but I do like your ideas. They're fun.

TauofWar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, the counter lasers would be almost useless with WS2. Secondly, I'm aiming for the droids to be a special mission/meat shield type unit. Thirdly, I can always say that as they are a mechanical army, the droids are able to suppase a WS that normal Tau find impossible to achieve, and motion sensors have been used to download a WS simular to a leader or etherial onto its hard drive. The model BTW would have the same sleekness of a Tau vechle, not like imperium robots.
    BTW more comments please, also ideas for the rest of the catagories would be more than welcome, although I have some ideas of my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those rail sub-carbines are kick ass!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think the tau would never construct a drone that stood upright. There's no point in having robots that half to walk when you can make them fly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the AP on the rail carbine?

Here's my contribution:

HILB (High Intensity Laser Battery)

Armor Value
    Front: 13 Side: 12 Rear: 10
    BS: 3(4)

Type: Tank, Skimmer Crew: Tau Fire Caste
    Weapons: A HILB is armed with a primary weapon system consisting of a multitude of beam weapons. A secondary weapon system is either two burst cannons for +10 or a smart missile system for +20.

It's primary weapons system can discharge once each turn (one turn is counted as all players taking one turn) in two forms(choose one):
    Laser Volley Str.5 AP.4 Heavy 4 Rng 60"
    Defense Matrix: During your opponent's shooting phase, you may prevent a number of shots from hitting their targets before your opponent can roll to hit. For a Str.1 weapon 8 shots, for a Str.2 weapon 7 shots, Str.3 weapon 6 shots and so on to a Str.8 weapon for 1 shot and any higher strength weapons cannot be prevented. Only vehicles and units in LOS from the HILB can be targeted with the defense matrix(enemy units).

Options: Already equipped with a targeting array. May take upgrades from the Tau Vehicle armory.
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW thats pretty good, I especially like the defence matrix idea.

Heavy support

Broadside battle suits

Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    Shas'ui 82 2 4 5 4 2 2 2 8 2+
    Shas'vre +8 3 4 5 4 2 3 2 9 2+

Team: Consists of 1-3 Broadside Shas'ui

Equipment: All members are equipped with XV88 Broadside armour and a compact targeting array.

Character: One Shas'ui per team can be can be upgraded to a Shas'ui for 10 points. All Tau Broadsides may choose to have items from the armoury. The price of upgrade to Shav're has been reduced because of this, and of course there is no team leader option.

Hard point options

Each broadside may choose to attach a adapted markerlight to their main weapon for + 8 pts. This can be used to point out a target briefly before firing. Before firing the main weapon, if a markerlight is equipped, roll a 3+. If it hits, the main weapon will hit on a 2+. Range has been extended to compensate for the broadsides long range capabilitys to 60", but because of this they cannot provide a target for teammates, other members of the squad, or even the secondary weapons.
    This does not count towards their hard point total.

Weapons

The Twin linked railguns can be replaced with 2 compact ion cannons (Range 60" Str 6 Ap 3 Heavy 2) for + 10 pts and one member in a 3 member squad can have a Magnetic pulse cannon for +20

Magnetic pulse cannon: (I have fluff on the weapon if you desire) This is a range 60", Str 9, Ap 2, Ordinance 1. This weapon follows normal ordinance rules except for the following. The weapon takes up 2 hard point options and needs to charge for one turn to shoot. This means, before it can shoot, for one turn, it must charge the cannon, with no shots from primary or secondary weapons or movement allowed.

May replace smart missile system with twin linked rail sub-carbines at 5 pts, or a twin linked plasma rifle at 10 pts.

Choose one support system from the following list:

Multi-tracker +5 pts
    Target lock +5 pts
    Shield generator +20
    Drone controller plus from 1 to 2 gun drones +10 pts each drone
    Drone controller plus from 1 to 2 shield drones +15 pts each drone
    Absorbant shock plating +10 pts

Absorbant shock plating: This stops hits from penetrating the armour of the Broadside and destroying it. In rules terms, this prevents the broadsides from being instant killed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast