Malefactor... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malefactor...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tempted to field the one I just bought on eBay. I'll be playing against a World Eaters army in a 1500 point Cityfight game early next week. My opponent tends to run lots of Berzerkers. He also has a Defiler and a Bloodthirster. Also, I believe he runs the special Khorne commander guy.

Anyway, if I recall correctly from looking through my friend's CA'04, they are kinda expensive in the points department (I don't recall the actual cost though).

But do they really perform well enough to warrant the cost?

I'd of course load it up with the 11 'stealers. That's another big chunk of points.

<span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are absolutely worth it.

Do you need the stats for the malefactor?

WS BS STR T I W A LD SV
    4 4 7 7 2 5 3+2 10 2+

225 pts

He has Spinefists (massive) which get 3 STR8 AP4 Shots at 12"

He is a Tryanid Monstrous creature and has all the benefits found in the codex

He can carry 11 wounds worth of creatures.

With 5 wounds its almost a sure bet that it can slither across the table and unload before he dies. That ensures 11 Genesetealers get to get in the action.

They move 9 assualt 9.

I&#39;ve played with one about 4 times and it has never died. It freaks my opponents out. It&#39;s much worse than a land raider due to the fact that it isn&#39;t a vehicle and cannot be blown up with a single shot&#33;

I&#39;m not sure what happens to the cargo when they die. I&#39;ve been playing that the cargo exits instead of being killed as well. That makes sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That&#39;s they way I play mine, tumtatty. The rules make it an open-topped vehicle, so letting troops disembark when it dies makes the most sense as far as I&#39;m concerned.

And yeah, they rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are definitely worth it. The transport ability alone makes it invaluable. It moves and assaults 9" like a ravener, so use it to drop things like genestealers or (my heavens&#33;&#33 two carnifexes&#33;&#33; Instant chaos my friend. And the high toughness means it will be hard to wound, and if one does get through, you&#39;ve got a handy 2+ save to bail you out.

I&#39;m not sure how well it will work in a cityfight though, since it is rather large.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is this thing that you are talking about using in warhammer games , i can see that it is a tyrniad transport, but no more than that, isnt the rules for it copieright?(feel free to ignor this as im not a mod P)

do you have any pictures of it?

Is it that giant ripper thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can&#39;t carry Carnifexes. It can only carry 1 wound or 2 wound creatures.

That would be sweet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where get how much how legal?

Um, yeah, I&#39;d love one of these, if I could. You said you got it off e-bay, is that the only place to get it nowadays? And about how much were they asking?

And don&#39;t you have to get your opponent&#39;s permission to use it, on account of it being outside of the rules?

And in answer to your question: use it&#33; If you can mix the species inside it, try and take some Warriors and &#39;stealers and use it to get the Synapse to the front line quickly (saves the cost of wings on them).

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CountJasper@Dec 12 2003, 10:38
    Where get how much how legal?

Um, yeah, I&#39;d love one of these, if I could. You said you got it off e-bay, is that the only place to get it nowadays? And about how much were they asking?

And don&#39;t you have to get your opponent&#39;s permission to use it, on account of it being outside of the rules?

And in answer to your question: use it&#33; If you can mix the species inside it, try and take some Warriors and &#39;stealers and use it to get the Synapse to the front line quickly (saves the cost of wings on them).

-=Count Jasper=-
    All three of the armorcast Tyranid pieces trade for &#036;30 to &#036;40 on E-bay. I&#39;ve been watching them for several months and debating on whether to buy any of them.
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can only carry 1 or 2 wound creatures?? I thought you could carry antyhing, as long as its 11 wounds worth in total? oh well...I found my rules off of the tyranid monstrous creatures codex. Its most often used in epic I think, but when you&#39;re playing 40k I do think you need permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sounds like I&#39;m going in the right direction.

I&#39;m thinking of sticking (9) Genestealers and (1) Zoanthrope (w/ W in there.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast