had a kerazy idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

had a kerazy idea

has anyone ever thought of using 6 raider squads as troops... but leave the squads on foot, 5 men each with DL and let the raiders fly around with their dissies or DL...

its probably a terrible idea :x but i just thought of it then

your 6 spare raiders could protect your 3 wych raiders and your 2 HQ raiders... if it was an all raider army...

naff idea?

meh... any thoughts?

-SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting idea but that would be a waste of there speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really crazy. not a bad tactic actually. craftworld eldar pay more points for a vyper with a brightlance and that has a lower bs as well. not to mention the fact you could decide if you wanted the troops mounted or on foot depending on the opponant. i actually thought quite a few dark eldar generals did this.....
    Everyone makes mistakes. mine was to leave her head in the fridge.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I have tried it out on a list as a decoy raider screening the raider with the wwp deployer. The idea was to turbo the empty raider 24" in front of the loaded one and pray that they shoot the lead raider. If the empty raider gets shot down then it blocks line-of-sight to the wwp raider and thus disembark and deploy behind it (to be in cover).

Only theory but I think the majority of players would shoot that lead raider 80% of the time. I know it doesnt really screen but at least enemy troops would have to pass a leadership test to shoot the 2nd raider. Might also try this with a Raider Rush style list - maybe have two decoy raiders lead the rush while the two five man DL squad forms one sniper unit.

All theory, haven't played it yet. I know you were thinking as a mobile 1 DL gunship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Actually, it's not a bad idea. There are quite a number of people that use their compulsory Troops to buy some Sniper squads. There's really no reason that you can't split them up if you want and have four half size Sniper squads. You gain some benefit to fire power (as you can potentially down more targets per turn), but you suffer defensively as it takes less fire power to take out a Dark Lance.

Remember that you're under no obligation to divulge what each Raider is carrying as far as passengers go. It may be unsportsman like, but you can have four empty Raiders flying with three loaded with Wyches, and your opponent can't tell them apart. Obviously you're going to need to mark down which ones are the loaded ones so he can't claim you're cheating later on, but that's not a big deal.

And if your opponent claims that they're open topped and he should be able to see them, claim the four empty ones are carrying mannequins that look suspiciously similar to Wyches.

+ Reply to Thread