Suggestions For Iyanden? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just thinkin' about Iyanden, i love wraithguard and wraithlords, though both are rather expensive, and the fluff behind them as well. Any suggestions for a list or such?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, as a warning, beware people will scream "cheese" till its coming out their nose even if they beat you.

Iyanden is the only army I would feel comfortable feilding three wraithlords in but thats why youll hear the cheese from.

if you do play with three wraithlords you will be force to field three squads of wraithguard and to tell the truth there a little overpriced when it comes to abilities. Id probably consider taking more wraithgaurd if they had an 18" range or something but yeah. the price for 5 wraithguard a warlock and a wave serpent is just insaine and the price of a warlock and 10 wraith guard gets out of hand as well.

I would suggest two squads of gardian defenders with something like star cannons and two squads each of wraithlords and wraithguard. this seems to make a fairly nice balance between price and effectiveness.

as for your HQ go with one Avatar that can hunt things witht eh two wraithlords and a farseer with fortune next to a large group of wraithguard.

Also I beleive the spirit seer I think there called are all independant characters this means you can have them "attached" to units that normally could have warlocks with them like say howling banshees or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, what he said. If you're goin Iyanden, go big, or pick a different craftworld; they're WAY too small for like...1000 point games. They're kinda like and all Grey Knight force for DH that way.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what i was thinking, i'd never try to use em in 1k points unless i just had 2 units of wraithguard, 1 wraithlord, guardian defendors with heavy weaps, and a farseer or something with some spiritseers P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was going to play iyenden for a while, but i decided not to because most of the games i play are only like 1000 points, so i couldent play it in my local store. i still want to play them, but only in 1500 and above. i think my 1500 point army had like 20 wraithguard, 2 wraith lords, some guardians and some dark reapers.
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Closed Thread