La'Kais - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La'Kais

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La'Kais

(note to all mods or admin: I couldnt find anywhere else to post this)

Does anyone have, or knows where to get the rules (other than WD) for Shas La KAis, im asking cos i converted a Firewarrior into something that i think i could use to represent Kais. Please help me as i cant get my hands on the WD that the rules were originlly in.

Tau Army Deal finally arrived
    Thinking of rules for La'Kais

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is that??
    i need to find something interesting to put here

Ok Scotty, jokes over... NOW BEAM UP MY CLOTHES!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the rather awesome hero of the Firewarrior novel. He hits what he shoots at and survies being shot. He is somewhat unlike your normal FW. I wonder if there are even rules for him. I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just write your own! You're forgetting the main rule of 40K, "HAVE FUN".

Personally, if I was going to make a La Kais special character...hmmm, just off the top of my head.

Bump him up to 3 in WS and 4 in BS. Give him 3 Wounds, 2 Init, 2 Attacks, and leave the leadership where it was. He wasn't too big of a leader in the book.

Give him access to the weapons he used in the book/game. Bolter, Rail Rifle, Carbine, Burst Cannon, and so on.(can't remember all of them). Make appropriate point costs for each one. Maybe give him a "loot weapon" ability where he pulls a weapon off of any corpse within 2 inches during the movement phase and uses it.

Make up some rules of the Mont'au and make it a "psychic ability" (for sake of simplicity of when it can be used and what not). On a 2 or twelve, he takes one wound and collapses to his knees, useless for that turn. On a 3-7, La'Kais seperates from the unit he is attached to and charges foward 12 inches in the movement phase. In the shooting phase his shots are "spot on" and count as rending and he doesn't count as moving for heavy weapons. He gets 1D6 of movement in the assault phase still towards the enemy. If he engages in CC, he goes before anyone and counts as double strength in the Mont'au rage. While raging, La'Kais stats are WS3 BS4 S6 T5 W3 IX A2 Ld7 Sv4+.

On a roll of 8-11 on the "psychic test", all Firewarriors he is attached to charge forward in a frenzy for 12 inches, firing at the nearest enemy unit as well, but they don't get the rending rule. They move the 1D6 in the assault phase with La'Kais but keep their stat line. (I.E., no going first or double strength)

La'Kais ignores wounds and is fearless as long as he is raging. At the beginning of your turn, roll a D6. On the first turn after he begins raging, on a 3+, he is still raging. On the second turn, it's a 4+, and so on. Once the Mont'au looses it's grip, all wounds accumilated while he was raging are gained and he is useless the next turn. (or dead depending on how many wounds stacked up)

Also give him the independant character rules to finish him off.

Cost wise? Hmm, a bunch. Probably around 100ish I guess. I'm a fluff guy, not really a stat guy.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ITDP
    He is the rather awesome hero of the Firewarrior novel. He hits what he shoots at and survies being shot. He is somewhat unlike your normal FW. I wonder if there are even rules for him. I doubt it.
    Yeah there are,rules for him, without going into exact details, he basically get to allocate any wound he recieves to another FW and he gets superior BS and I think an advanced version of the rail rifle, the only place I know where the rules are is in White Dwarf, I will find them out tonight and PM you the rules Darth.

By the way you will not find specific rules for GW models on this or any other forum, if they are posted its a breach of copyright and GW do not take that sort of thing lightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    Yeah there are,rules for him, without going into exact details, he basically get to allocate any wound he recieves to another FW and he gets superior BS and I think an advanced version of the rail rifle, the only place I know where the rules are is in White Dwarf, I will find them out tonight and PM you the rules Darth.

By the way you will not find specific rules for GW models on this or any other forum, if they are posted its a breach of copyright and GW do not take that sort of thing lightly.
    If you do find them, can you tell the forum where to find them?

Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Celestial
    If you do find them, can you tell the forum where to find them?
    Will do I have the White Dwarf at home, I am at work at the moment but will post the issue number later when I find it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

you forgot one thing though, kais can only be used in the scenario in the WD where his rules are,
    and theres no points cost either shame tho

i wonder if we could make up that points cost and give him a HQ slot (is that a breach in copyright?)

anyways he can have anyone for breakfast

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Itza
    you forgot one thing though, kais can only be used in the scenario in the WD where his rules are,
    and theres no points cost either shame tho

i wonder if we could make up that points cost and give him a HQ slot (is that a breach in copyright?)

anyways he can have anyone for breakfast

-Kai-Itza-
    Making up a points cost is a breach of copyright?

Man people, GW isn't a forth riech for crying out loud. They want you to have fun with their game. If you make up your own rules and play against your friends, they're aren't going to send the SS to your game store and rough you up.

If you wanted to make all your FireWarriors WS5 BS5 STR5 with 10 attacks, and you can find someone daft enough to play you, go right ahead.

Sorry, I don't mean to go off on you Kai, it's just there's alot of unwarrented anti-GW talk on this board and it kinda riles me up. I'll stop now. :x

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Celestial
    Making up a points cost is a breach of copyright?

Man people, GW isn't a forth riech for crying out loud. They want you to have fun with their game. If you make up your own rules and play against your friends, they're aren't going to send the SS to your game store and rough you up.

If you wanted to make all your FireWarriors WS5 BS5 STR5 with 10 attacks, and you can find someone daft enough to play you, go right ahead.

Sorry, I don't mean to go off on you Kai, it's just there's alot of unwarrented anti-GW talk on this board and it kinda riles me up. I'll stop now. :x
    Kai was asking the question about copyright quite rightly, GW are notorious for clamping down on ANY copyright infringement and while Kaui's question was a bit nieve he was right to raise the question it.
    I think that what he meant was if he uses Kai's name and some rules but with a made up points cost would it be allowed say for instance in a GW shop battle.
    You also have to take into account any posting of a model stat line (even if made up) using a name from a GW model is subject to copyright, even posting individual points costs, or individual rules is an infringement and repeated postings of such would leave anyone open to warnings from the forum mods and leave the forum open to action from the GW company copyright is not something to be taken lightly and GW are evil when it comes to protecting their property.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast