Orks Or Speed Freaks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats better. Orks or Speed Freaks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't tell you who's better... but i can tell you who i like better.
    probably foot sloggin orks. just because of dreads, kans, grots, and moving as a large cluster.
    speed freeks got dem trukks to get der faster, which is so tempting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spead Freaks!! You can get across the board into close combat in about 2 turns with all those trukks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floot sloggers!!! I agree.. It is awsome setting up 100+ models.. and your enemy only has 40+........ Also... You can have trukk boyz... So put your warboss in a trukk... Get a battle wagon and 1 squad of trukk boyz and that gives you quite a bit of speed... Also Trukks have 10 armor all around and are goign to go BOOM in two seconds...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow this is an old thread... GreaterEvil was my old handle... I damn the person who brought this back to hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Salamander@Aug 18 2003, 08:13
    speed freaks...
    field 4-5 squads os slugga boyz and have 3 rokkit launchas in each. thats like 12-15 str 8 ap 3 assult shots coming out of transports moving 12" a turn. by the time u reach say marines the rhinos r blowd up and u can assult em and have some dinner.
    The only point you're missing here, is that the measly 10 pts of armour on the truks means that you'll probably be walking (or dead) before you reach the marines, anyway....

That being said, I LOVE the speed freaks! I've played them mostly against Craftworld Eldar, and while they've lost some, they've really spanked those pointy-ears, too!
    I've found it's a balance between getting your troops close with the trukks, and getting them out of the vehicles soon enough that they don't all end up going skyward in a big mushroom cloud, when the enemy weapons punch through the thin armour of the vehicle.
    Sadly, you don't get the good mob bonuses with a max squad of ten, but they can fall back to the vehicle if it's still running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you, those truks just never make it very far for me, I just lost a battle wagon to an ordanance shot...lost the warboss and skarboyz mob from just one shot...flush 500+ points. Make mine foot sloggers...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Closed Thread