What Is Your Counter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ideas appreciated =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 Reads no responses...so I take it I am not the only one out there who is clueless ? =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sniper rifles, lovely lovely sniper rifles.

Oh wait, tyranids dont have sniper rifles...

In which case, lictors and swarms of spinegaunts. All those wraithlords must eat up a large portion of his points, so use cheap models to tie em into close combat, so they never achieve their points cost.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The malefactor is a nice option. It can take out a waithlord on its own. 11 genestealers will definetly do the trick.

I'd say the key is to tie them up. Since they are not vehicles you can hold them in CC.

I had a lictor take one out the other day. I hid until he got close and then got some 6's.

Leaping rippers with rending claws

Warp Blast from the Z's and the HT"s

I'm a big fan of deepstriking a couple of HT's. If they come in before the gaunts arrive then put them behind some cover and fly over next round.

Biovores with Poisions should work since they wound on a 4+ (strength = to toughness right?)

All those star cannons are nasty. I'd use a bunch of gaunts/rippers to tie them up quick and then wade in with the big boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never have any luck when it comes to using sniper rifles. it takes an average of 7.2 shots of sniper rifles to produce 1 wound on one of those things. a lot better than most weapons though.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well everyone is saying Gaunts/Lictors. I would like to say for the record I have tried both with less then glamerous results.

Time one - My Lictor popped up and attacked! An excellent charge - 2 6's off the bat. He is as good as dead next round. Except there was no next round cause he hit me once and I took a S10 ignore armor save hit and I insta died.

Time two - My Gaunts charge into combat! Fear their mighty numbers. Except S4 cannot wound T8 and they died ignominiously. =(.

So those two are out. Rending claw rippers I have heard may be good but I dont really play with ripper swarms. I know the traditional "shoot it a lot" theories but the guy can level a unit of mine a turn - I need something fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that you don't like expensive HT's but it may be worth a try. They can fly over and get 5 attacks after shooting a WB in the wraithlord's face. That should equate to 3 wounds. If not then you still stand a great chance of surviving.

I don't think Lictors can win on their own, but they can tie up the WL until the gaunts, HT or rippers arrive.

I love rippers. They are definitely worth the points. (as long as you keep them away from template/high power weapons!&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you going to hurt The wraithlord with Gaunts? They are immune to S4 stuff. I would need to put Fleshborers on them.

As for the rippers I dont want to model Rending Claws on the rippers - I play in a wysiwyg environment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play against eldar allot, i have never faced more than 1 wraithlord at a time, but i find throwing some gaunts at 1 will stop it from shooting its star cannons, then move some stealers, with implant attack in.... you only need to roll two 6's and you have a dead wraithlord

its hard cause you have to keep the stealers alive... thats were lictors come in tying up other large fire bases of guardians who will hurt your stealers, even throw a winged tyrant into a fireline to hold them up, the important thing is to keep your stealers alive!

as for facing more than 1 Wraithlord, ie 3 (i think 3 is uber Cheesy by the way)
    im not sure, take more stealers with implant attack i suppose or better yet....
    fight cheese with cheese and take Spacewolves!
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guants can't hurt the wraithlord (except for the rending claw ones&#33. However, they can tie them up until the carnifex/ lictor, HT gets there.

Let the WL kill my gaunts all day long. I'll get SOME rending claw attacks in and have time to maneuver.

As for rippers and WYSIWYG.....glue something on them! I use the old style rippers (painted blue) as renders and the new ones (painted green) as regular.

IMHO WYSIWYG is BS. You'd have to own 3X the amount of creatures to have a flexible army! I guess you have to for tourneys and such, but it seems unfair to subject the nids to that standard for informal play.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast