Speed Freek Discussion: Red Paint Job - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed Freek Discussion: Red Paint Job

I have always put RPJ on all of my vehicles in a Speed Freek army, as it seems as though an extra 1" can be important. However, come to think of it, usually the vehicles dart behind cover to protect them selves, not as far as they can up a blank field, which means 99% of the time you arent going to be moving your full distance. Also, considering my 1500 list consists of 12 vehicles, thats a total of 36 points, which is a lot.

In all of your honest opinions, do you think it is worth the points for the extra 1"? And if I were to choose not to pay the points, is there anything wrong with still painting my vehicles red?

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know im not a Ork Master. but i think you should keep the rpj. becasue what if you need that extra 1" to get into cover? i think the points are worth it. but if you choose not to use rpj thats fine with me. its your army anyway.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Physically its ok to have things painted red without the upgrade, as a matter of fact my army is blue, and i still take the blue paint job on select models. I don't bother taking it on battlewagons, russ's, or any looted vehicle. If i have extra points i fit it on wartrukks and that's really it. I don't put it on buggies/traks as its not cost effective and they die so quickly. the 1 inch on a trukk really is the difference as that pretty much covers straight across from your deployment to your opponents in most games, even if he deploys a little back (as most do) the 1 inch can play a important factor.
    move 12, unload 2, assault 6=20 +1 for the red paint job is a small price to pay for a little flexibility.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usally put RPJ on all trukks. i find that it is really usefull for the extra assult range and it might be usefull for last minute objective grabs. it would probably be useless on buggy as they dont really need the extra movment. im not sure about on looted stuff it could be usefull but probably not.

hope that help
    TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

There's one buggy that I would actually suggest the red paint job on. My favorite one, the Skorcha Buggy o' Doom. The extra inch on an already cheap vehicle helps it get that much closer to unleash the template of justice.
    I'll also echo the trukks needing it.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

On trukks, wartrakks/buddies it's worth it definelty on looted tanks no need to pay the extar points, battlewagon is debatable.

+ Reply to Thread