Devastator/Terminator Elimination - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devastator/Terminator Elimination

Hi

I am a new Dark Eldar player, I played 40k a long time ago in the days of 2nd edition as Eldar. Since then I've picked up slightly under 1000 points worth of DE and I have to admit I find it really hard to kill those Terminators and Devastator squads. In CC Wyches seem to be a little ineffective against the Termies and there are only so many Incubi to go around... Models I have in my possession are:

DE Lord with four Incubi
    Haemonoculus
    Numerous Warriors all vanilla with SC etc
    Nine Wyches
    Four Reavers
    Three Raiders

So as you can see I am a bit low on models but I hope to get some blasters and dark lances soon.

Any ideas what I should get to help deal with Space Marines in particular Termies and Devastators?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For us DE, the main heavy infantry killer is the desintegrator. It kills marines and termies with equal ease.

You have a couple of options. First, you can equip some of your raiders with dissies, or you can get a Ravager with three. The later is probably a more effective choice, but it requires money... heh.

-Cypher
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Blasters!

A good few blasters in each unit is a wise investment against most races.

not only good if you come up against a tank, but it is also great for taking down a few expensive terminators when you assault, or even just killing a few extra models, even if they aren't expensive.

since they're assault, they won't affect your mobility, and are usually a great inclusion.

just a side note,

if you're having trouble with terminators, are you including Sybarites and succubi with agonisers?

well worth the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

A Ravasger with 3 dissintegrators will get the job done. Against Devestators you fire in sustained mode and against Terminators you fire in blast mode. Last weekend I was faced with 2x 5 man squads of Dev's. The first turn I used blast mode but he was spaced 2" apart and I could only hit 3 models, only 1 of which wounded and killed. Second turn I fired in sustained mode and wiped out the squad. Third turn I fire at squad 2 in sustained mode and wiped it out as well. Unfortuantely by then he got his speeder into position and Heavy Boltered me out of the sky.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread