preparing for new stuff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

preparing for new stuff

I have an older tau army (40ish fw, 2 railheads, 2 devilfish, 20 kroot, 6 crisis suits, 2 broadsides, 4 stealth suits, 1 ethereal). I'm trying to get things ready to go for when the new codex comes out-can anyone recommend what "old" unit models I should buy/paint in the next couple weeks to "hit the ground running" when the new codex and newer models start coming out? I dont want to buy any stealth suits until the new design is released, but would some old krootox models, more devilfish etc be helpful with the rulles changes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by chrach
    I have an older tau army (40ish fw, 2 railheads, 2 devilfish, 20 kroot, 6 crisis suits, 2 broadsides, 4 stealth suits, 1 ethereal). I'm trying to get things ready to go for when the new codex comes out-can anyone recommend what "old" unit models I should buy/paint in the next couple weeks to "hit the ground running" when the new codex and newer models start coming out? I dont want to buy any stealth suits until the new design is released, but would some old krootox models, more devilfish etc be helpful with the rulles changes?
    Wow! That's a good army right there... Since the only models that's changing for the new codex is the Commander, Ethereals and Stealths you have notjhing to worry about. I got myself a new Armypack to get my fingers on the new models.

I think you should save your money untill the new models arrive. A models you must gey is the new commander! Other than that, Vespids is kinda sweet with their mew gun. The stealts wont arrive until the summer, So the only models thats going to be replaced is Ethereals and Stealths. You might wanna get another 2 Stealthsuits to fill out the squad.

But lets not forget the other new models, Pirahna, Sniperdrones, Skyray and some new Pathfinder models.

save them for vespids, a commander and some new Sniper drones. Thats what I would do...
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I think you're good... I did the same as Rajden: pre-ordered the big army box to get the new commander, stealths, etc.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got 2 HH, 3 XV-88s, 24 FW, 24 Kroot, 6 XV-8s, 6 XV-15s, 6 Hounds, unnumerable Drones, and an Aun. The only thing I need of old models is more troops. Oh, and I'm picking up Aun'shi before he's phased out to be safe.

I'll probably be a consumer wh0re and order an entire Army box, but the only new models I need/want are a squad of Vespids, some Krootox, and a Skyray sprue and a commander sprue (note on this: if you are on a budget, just look on the GW Online Store and try to just buy the unique sprues for the Skyray and convert one of your HH/DF chassis. Same with the commander sprue)

Piranna (or however they're spelled), Sniper Teams, and Pathfinders don't really float my boat so far but I may pick some up later "just cause".

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

+ Reply to Thread