Jet Packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Packs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jet Packs

Is there a limit to how high crisis and stealths can jump? A normal, non-jetpacked model can only ever get 6 inches high in one turn, not including models like fast attack or the like. Can a crisis or stealth reach a platform that is say 8, or 12 inches high?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Well, in the movement phase you still can't move more than 6" up an area even if you have jet packs (since you can still only move 6" during the movement phase).
    As for the assault phase i'm not sure, it has never come up with me. I'd say you could move another 6" up. My basis for this is that the rule book says when a unit is moved (p.17) it can move up or down. It says nothing about what phase it is moved in.
    But as far as I know we can't move 12" up with our packs in one phase.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

But we can jump over terrain of any height...

I'm not sure how height works with Jumppacks/Tau Jet Packs, but whenever I play, you just move 6" forward, and go the ending surfaces height *with Jet/Jump packs...not normal troops*
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I dunno, I've never had to deal with something like that, as all the terrain I've played on has been built to accomodate the maximum 6" inches up that most units can move... I would imagine that only the normal 6" can be moved in the movement phase, and another 6" up in the assault phase.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    But we can jump over terrain of any height...

I'm not sure how height works with Jumppacks/Tau Jet Packs, but whenever I play, you just move 6" forward, and go the ending surfaces height *with Jet/Jump packs...not normal troops*
    Yes but this is games workshop where common sense holds no sway. Logically we should be able to, but players would complain about jet packs being overpowered if we could land on terrain that high up (13" or more,) and fire down at them without fear of assault (short of other jet/jump packs). Most players (around here) consider that terrain that high up as impassable so no one can land on it.
    Last edited by mephistophales; March 10th, 2006 at 05:36.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the cityfight codex for movement on a Y-axis as well as firing from a higher position. I don't have it on me now though so I'm not sure if it goes into Jetpack rules. There may be a difficult terrain test in there somewhere.

In day-to-day 40K play, nothing stops jetpacks unless agreed upon by both players or by the official.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason I ask is that my friend has two pieces of terrain that measure 7 inches and 8 inches tall with flat areas on top. One is a tall hill/mountain with sheer sides and the other is a bunker with a tall watch tower. I guess jetpacks shouldn't be able to reach it, but SM jump troops could, or some other fast moving or winged model, sound right?
    What about our 12 inch moving skimmers? They should be able to reach that height. Well, maybe not land on the watch tower, but certainly on the flat topped hill.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Why would Space Marine jump packs be able to reach something that others should not? In general this is where players either agree or do a roll off. Personally whenever we play with Towers (which are 8-10 inches high) usually my gaming friends and i play on 1 turn you can move into contact with it, then you have to climb up it on the next turn and can assault as normal. This find works as your troops are climbing the tower and you'd assume the defenders will fire down.

now with landing on a tower or platform your looking at a dangerous terrain check by how we play. i.e roll a 1 and splat. now i would assume anyone with a jump pack and put their jets on and land up there and take the difficult terrain check. i'm not sure if its in the rules, its just how we always do it, and clear everything ahead of time when we play.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, if you're going to be playing games with altitude, I highly suggest getting your hands on a Cityfight codex or wait for the new one this summer.

The current 40K rulebook is really only meant to handle one level of fighting.

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jet Packs don't count vertical movement. It's in the codex.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast