Rending Claws - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rending Claws

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending Claws

No this is not some stupid question about the rules. I want to know the easiest and cheapest way to get Rending Claws for my Warriors, since the Box onlly containes one pair.

Thanks in advance
    Polar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are more threads about this,

mainly said:1) buy a stealer box and rip the claws of them, and give them ST.
    2) order metal lictor arms from GW, they can be bought seperatly in online store

I personaly used the rending claws of the old genestealer models. They may not be as cool as the new ones or the lictor claws, but it was a fast and cheap option. Once it's all painted it still looks OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is recommended that you use the genestealer claws. I plan on using my old genestealers claws and buying the new stealers to replace them. Since scything talons for me are too expensive and not really needed
    SGT. JOHNSON:
    Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks!
    We had sticks. Two stick and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock!
    You should consider yourself very lucky marines!

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

The genestealers scything talon route is the best so far. For 30 bucks I can get a beefy retinue for my broodlord and equip all of my raveners at the same time. (you have enough claws to do 8 raveners/warriors....which is usually enough)
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

to honest i am no longer a tyrind player so i am proberly wrong but i would have thoght that the genstealer claws would be to small

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Only in comparison to the big meaty buggers you get in the warrior box, which are designed for monstrous creatures I think.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

156 (x3)

Yeah, go with the claws from the genestealer box. Especially if you want to fill out your genestealers at the same time!

You can also goto http://www.bwbits.com/ and see if they have anything in stock that you can use for rending claws. I've ordered from them before and have been very happy with their service. (My last purchase was some dragon wings and 16 spore mines on clearance!)

Looks like they have genestealer rending claws right now: http://www.bwbits.com/TyranidGenestealerBits.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Only in comparison to the big meaty buggers you get in the warrior box, which are designed for monstrous creatures I think.
    Never actually understood what those were intended for. They are a little too big to look normal on warriors, but look tiny on the fexes and tyrants that were in production at the time (even worse now that those mcs are bigger)

I tried out a set up that used the scything talons from hormagaunts. Get 3 claws and put them next to each other, attach with GS and then put it on an arm. The only problem is how many it uses, which is very excessive, but I bet you can do the same thing with plasticard rather easily. They looked okay, but not as good as normal rending claws.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think the larger rending claws look good. The only problem is there are rarely enough. To do rending claws the Genestealer ones are fine. You can also look for alternatives. Pincers etc, basically if you can find nippy claws or whatever you can use them. You just need to show they have claws and be consitent so that your opponent knows what they are.

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by necroidthing View Post
    2) order metal lictor arms from GW, they can be bought separately in online store.
    This is the route I've gone down because I think they are easily the most appropriate size. However, they are far from cheap at £2.50 per pair. I agree that it's a highly frustrating situation and one that perhaps Forgeworld out to be looking at instead of churning out yet more Imperial Titans. Mind you at FW prices, they'd probably be even procier than the GW ones!

(Unfulfilled) ~ Ravenscraig ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast