Librarium Online Forums banner

Ulthwe Strike Force???

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Will Forelli Machiavelli 
#1 ·
What is all this talk about Ulthwe Strike Forces??? I read a few of these lists and what does this army actually do and why was I the only person who doesnt know what this is about?

Can anyone please tell me the rules for this army or where i could find out?

thanks.

#4 ·
That is a point here actually.....I too have noticed a sudden huge interest in the strike force and many first time list on the army board. Keep this up and i can't say I have at least a slightly unique army >.<

Maybe I should go back to regular Ulthwe since everyone is abandoning it :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I'm with Heiromyo on this one, USFs greatest strength is that almost no one plays it! :shifty:

Ulthwé Strike Force is basically an Ulthwé army with only black guardians, no vehicles/wraithlord except War Walkers and Vypers, and a maximum of 1 aspect squad except for Dark Reapers. (A few units are gone as well)

The Vypers, War Walkers and Jetbikes are all BS4 as well.

Half the army must be deployed in the Webway and kept in reserve, they enter play via a portable "table edge" that you buy as a wargear that you can drop any shooting phase. It is their way of transporting assault units.

More details in the Codex: Eye of Terror.

#6 ·
Or convert to vanilla, or another craftworld, ulthwe while not overplayed like some marine chapters, is probabely the most popular eldar craftworld.

#8 ·
Yep, well I'd say that Biel-tan and Ulthwé are tied for the most popular followed closely by Vanilla, then Alaitoc, Iyanden, Saim-Hann and lastly Ulthwé Strike Force.

This is the impression I've got all in all.

#9 ·
In my whole opinion, there is a reason why USF is the least played, because it is certainly the least appealing.

I say don't go USF at all... it is very hard to use.. and if you wanted webway portaling.. you should go play DE who do webway portaling much better, have already a standard bs of 4, and kill in close combat and such better.

but thats a different story, stay craftworld eldar.

#10 ·
Hmmmm Dark Eldar webway strike can be better due to its speed and ability to charge after disembarking vehicals but the rules for it are much harsher than the webway. If the model with the webway dies it does not automatically drop like the Wraithgates so the army you have in reserve just doesn't come out (or so I'm led to beleive).

USF can be hard to use but if you're experienced with Eldar in general you should be able to cope.

#11 ·
Heiromyo said:
Hmmmm Dark Eldar webway strike can be better due to its speed and ability to charge after disembarking vehicals but the rules for it are much harsher than the webway. If the model with the webway dies it does not automatically drop like the Wraithgates so the army you have in reserve just doesn't come out (or so I'm led to beleive).

USF can be hard to use but if you're experienced with Eldar in general you should be able to cope.
Heh I guess I just got annoyed really bad when I was playing USF and dieing really horribly against MEQs...

#12 ·
When you fight MEQs you need to use all the anti-MEQ units availible; Spear of Khaine, Banshee squad and the Heavy support choices. I find that if you take those units, MEQs are no problem. It's just that USFs basic troopers are anti-light infantry that makes it bothersome, and the fact that they can only take 1 CC aspect squad.

#13 ·
Viktor said:
When you fight MEQs you need to use all the anti-MEQ units availible; Spear of Khaine, Banshee squad and the Heavy support choices. I find that if you take those units, MEQs are no problem. It's just that USFs basic troopers are anti-light infantry that makes it bothersome, and the fact that they can only take 1 CC aspect squad.
Yeah, that is the problem I've had, it is so hard to deal with MEQs. But I guess I haven't been fielding that much of great anti-MEQs in my army.. I'm probably just use to mass starcannons, many aspects squads and such, and so i stayed Biel Tann. I say you should do USF.. only if your ready for a great challenge. =D

#15 ·
Murekhalir said:
I say you should do USF.. only if your ready for a great challenge. =D
I already play USF. :rolleyes:

theriddles said:
can you charge straight out of the gate? so the gate goes down, next turn the units that arrive can move shoot and charge?
Yes, it is just like when you arrive from a table edge using the reserve rules. You count as moving that turn in any case though.

#16 ·
Completely irrelavant but I thought I'd say:

The main reason USF is so appealing to me is that it can get the most frail or slow units up front at full strength (Banshees, Storm Gaurdians, Avatar). The jedi council is cool also.

#18 ·
I field most Defender Guardians, because they are cheaper (moneywise) and more diverse. I usually have 2 Defender squads with platforms on the table, and then 2 Storm squads and 2 Defender squads in the Webway for a 2000 pts game. So I use all 6 troop slots, since I keep them in units around 10-12 for flexibility.

Storm Guardians rock, but only at assaulting. I don't need more main assault squads than 4; Spear of Khaine, Banshee squad, Storm Guardian squad x2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.