just some general questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just some general questions

can someone explain to me about the crisis items i know they can take 3 options from the support and weapons but howmuch hardwired stuff can they take

also are kroot really worth it in the long run

what do people think of the skyray and pirahna

air calvary whats ur oppinion on it or the normal army

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alos i know crisis count as jump infintry which means they move 6 inch in the assault phase but what is their normal movement are they infintry or jumpers?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Crisis suits can move 6" in the movement phase, and 6" in the assault phase. Kroot I use when there's woods on the board. Taking advantage of their fieldcraft rule, I stick them in the middle of the woods, 6"+ in on each side... they can see through more than 6" to fire, but no one else can! So the Kroot are safe in the woods, while anyone around the woods is not :]

As for hardwired options, crisis suits can only take 1 additional hard-wired support system if they are a team leader, or if they are a bodyguard for a battlesuit HQ. I've not looked at the new codex yet, but it's on its way, so I don't know about the skyray or piranha.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious where the rules for the Tau's jumppack are in the new codex; I have yet to find it. I know its rules, I'm just curious how they described it in the new codex (yes, I'm weird).

In the new codex, you may take any amount of wargear and hard-wired options as long as you don't exceed the point equivalent of 10 firewarriors (plenty of room), I believe.

I think vespids are priced perfectly; any fast attack (except for space marines) is very delicate for its point cost. Vespids are actually cheaper than some, but that is probably because of their lack of ability to handle close combat, but still have a short range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i think it is cus of their lack of armour but like themodels so i might take a unit of vespids but don't want to take the focus off my suits and tanks,

okay so unlimited hardwired stuff up to points cap of 100 (seems a lil excessive also why take the support system equivelants)

this might seem stupid but would it be too cheesey to have 2 shas'o with bodyguard if i don't want any elite suits (i might take a single broadside unit)

also what is the general oppinion on stealth units are they any good? i know some alot of people take them but is that a tactical choice or are they really worth 30 points + each

u know how the crisis can have up to 3 weapons how many can it actually fire?

earethral and bodyguard are they worth the extra 2 points and would a unit of 11 with their earetheral in a devilfish work

lastly for now anyway do drones bought for units take up space in atransport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    hmm i think it is cus of their lack of armour but like themodels so i might take a unit of vespids but don't want to take the focus off my suits and tanks,

okay so unlimited hardwired stuff up to points cap of 100 (seems a lil excessive also why take the support system equivelants)

this might seem stupid but would it be too cheesey to have 2 shas'o with bodyguard if i don't want any elite suits (i might take a single broadside unit)

also what is the general oppinion on stealth units are they any good? i know some alot of people take them but is that a tactical choice or are they really worth 30 points + each

u know how the crisis can have up to 3 weapons how many can it actually fire?

earethral and bodyguard are they worth the extra 2 points and would a unit of 11 with their earetheral in a devilfish work

lastly for now anyway do drones bought for units take up space in atransport?
    I play two Shas'o with bodyguards... But that’s because I've filled my Elite slots with 12 Stealth suits and another 3 Crisis suits. Works well ^^ Very cheesy in my opinion.
    (but what does the Brodside have to do with your elite slots?)

Stealth suits are really good against low save infantry units. The Burstcannon makes short work of the enemies. And you may take a Fusion blaster or two to pop tanks. And they can take an extra support system now.

Crisis suits may fire up to two weapons if equipped with a Multitracker.

A unit of 11 Firewarriors and an Ethereal works well, But I would play that squad as static defence and use the Devilfish for the Fish of Fury tactic. Could work with the Ethereal units to but I haven’t tried it out yet... But I will, someday hopefully...

And YES, Drones take up space in transports...

Also read Stingwings or Pirahna thread ( < LINK ). :ninja:
    Last edited by Rajden; March 20th, 2006 at 13:44.
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of stealth suits this way; they can easily be compared to 3 Firewarriors. They carry the same amount of weapon shots and cost the same amount of points.

Stealth Suit:
    - Stealth Field Generator: it doesn't really protect you that well from what you're shooting at, but it is great for causing that starcannon trouble across the field.
    - Jump Pack: this gives them great mobility, but only useful if you use their mobility.
    - They have a hearty save, better than the firewarriors.
    - They can infiltrate, instantly becoming useful (due to their range).
    - Less chance of getting caught in close combat.

Firewarriors:
    - More wounds (without the ability to be insta-killed)
    - Longer absolute range.
    - Decent save
    - They don't take up a valuble elite slot (for your crisis suits)
    - Posibility of getting twice as many shots at a close range.

I don't think an Ethereal with Honor Guard is worth its chunk of points; in a devilfish, it can die to one lucky shot. Also, the honor guard doesn't make itself quite useful enough all the time.

+ Reply to Thread