Necron VS Monolith - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron VS Monolith

If i am playing against a necron army with my necron army. Is it possible to kill the monolith this the scarabs and/or lord with the disruption field on them? Maybe i am just reading both of them wrong but it seems like i should be able to hit the monilith with a glancing blow on a 6 no matter what.

If i am wrong, can someone please explain this and where it might be clarifyed in the codex or rules.

Thanks in advance.
    Camper

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Well the whole living armour rule is a bit of a grey area, it doesn't say what does/does not work.

I would say that it doesn't as it is essentially additional penetration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to have to disagree with The outsider completely here.

I dont see the gauss rule (which is the same as the disruption field rule) as extra penetration. I see it as a dumbed down vibro-cannon

so, i say that if youre playing that gauss can take it down, disr. fields can too
    =][=

GM HALLS

Daemons shall crumble before my might!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I gotta disagree with Grand Master. I think the Gauss/Disruption field rules are essentially lowering the Monolith Armor by allowing a glance when it wouldn't normally be possible. The living metal rule states that any attack which counts the monolith armor as being less than it really is does not do so against the monolith.

Now I know you could make the argument that allowing a glance on 6 is not lowing the armor. Feel free to do so...:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well seeing as Haywire Grenades which will work on a monolith with a 2+ after hitting do work it only makes sense that gauss works also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my only comment is that rending works on the monolith right? So if it does, it would be logical to assume that gauss or dfields would work also. If rending doesn't work than nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending doesn't work against a Monolith because it adds an extra die to the penetration roll.

You absolutely can Gauss a Monolith. You can also use Disruption Fields against a Monolith. The Gauss rule simply allows you to autoglance a vehicle regardless of AV. Living Metal negates extra penetration die and weapon abilities that specifically state that they lower the AV of a vehicle they hit. The Gauss rule does not grant an extra penetration die, nor does it lower the AV of the Monolith, so the Gauss rule is completely unaffected by Living Metal.

The moral of the story is: Don't field Monoliths against Necron opponents
    Last edited by Khobai; March 21st, 2006 at 04:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or the opposite, field them. The particle whip is very worth while to take along. It is one of the few weapons the necrons have that can decimate other necrons. And I can say that glances do not worry me very much. When you fight a dark eldar army, and the monolith comes out alive and mobile, you see that glances are just annoying. I would also suggest to take pariahs, heavy destroyers, destroyers, tomb spyders, and c'tan. All are essential to either protecting the important troops or dealing out the damage.

Yes the gauss rule works, but you really just have to worry about heavy destroyers. Now chances are that the monolith will not make it, but drop a pie plate on one warrior squad and you have half (or more if bunched) or the points back, plus whatever giving troops another chance is worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help. I had been told both ways and was wondering what most people felt it was saying.

+ Reply to Thread