Gamesday Atlanta Dark Eldar News - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamesday Atlanta Dark Eldar News

http://www.inisfail.com/gd2006/index.htm

From a Q&A session at Games Day Atlanta

"Dark Eldar are not dead, they're just awaiting a redesign, as GW thought a lot of the models looked "tired"."

Basically verifying the prevailing conventional wisdom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it isn't a surprise, and it certainly isn't new. Still, it's nice to get yet another confirmation that the Dark Eldar aren't dead. Now if only the "DE are going the way of the Squats" rumour would finally die. :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewey
    Squats?
    An army of "biker-dwarves" to put it simply. They were in Rogue Trader (ie. 1st ed. 40k) and had a "get you by" list (very basic rules) in 2nd edition, but they never got a Codex. Basically it was an army that got scrapped for one reason or another, and is now more often used as an analogy to the way people think the Dark Eldar are going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i know DE are going to be in the Eldar codex so they would need a revamp
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadre_of_storms
    as far as i know DE are going to be in the Eldar codex so they would need a revamp
    As far as you know? Who told you DE would be in the Eldar CODEX and did they show you anything official from GW stating such?
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zombie Rumors

*sigh*

I posted the link and quote in order to assist in the battle against the Zombie Dark Eldar Rumors.

But as soon as you chop the head off one, another comes mindlessly at you.

Why won't they stay dead?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Enkidu
    *sigh*

I posted the link and quote in order to assist in the battle against the Zombie Dark Eldar Rumors.

But as soon as you chop the head off one, another comes mindlessly at you.

Why won't they stay dead?
    People have been doing the same thing with rumors that the Dark Eldar are going to be in the Eldar Codex.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadre_of_storms
    This is, without a doubt, my single most hated rumour ever in the history of everything.

The Dark Eldar are not going to be in the Eldar codex.

They were never going to be part of the Eldar codex.

They never will be part of the Eldar Codex.

This has been confirmed several times by several different reputable sources for a good 3 years now.

As for proof, this is an interview posted in dysartes.com with Gav Thorpe. Dysartes asked for people to post questions in the web pages forum for him to ask, and this was one of the questions I posted. The interview took place about 2 years ago (?) after the Ogre Kingdoms book was released;

Could you give us a general idea as to what direction the dev team is planning on taking the Dark Eldar? I'm mainly interested in army background and general playing style (if you guys have even considered that yet).

The main thrust will be giving them a full size Codex that allows us to explore more of their history and nature. We worked out quite a bit of detail last time around, but the size and style of the early 3rd edition Codexes precluded us from being able to publish much of it. Really, it's more detail on the Fall, the founding of Commoragh, the evolution of the sects (such as the Haemonculi and Wyches), as well as the disturbing nature of the Mandrakes and Scourges (which are supposed to be a lot darker than they are currently presented).

As for the playing style, I would expect them to retain the dynamic they have - fast, fragile and deadly. Without having reviewed the current list in detail yet, we can't point to any specific areas that need revision, although I suspect the most obvious ones have already been widely discussed on the 'net.
    Now, could this ****ing rumour just lay down and die for once?

(No offense to cadre_of_storms, but I'm well and truely sick and tired of this rumour continuously coming up).
    Last edited by Dranthar; March 23rd, 2006 at 03:48.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

who ever is spreading all these rumors should really stop, why cant they get over the fact that DE are a seperate(and quite popular) race that is not longer a branch from the other so it will not be romoved or connected to eldar which is a completely diffirent civilization. Its same thing as saying that chaos is a branch of space marines, no they arent. They were once until they got pocessed, just like eldar. Just bugs the f*** out of me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast