Paint - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint

Is anybody besides me happy that GW changed the paint job on the tau that they put on the website from that brown yukky color to the cool blue job?

to any mod that sees this if this is off topic, could you move it...

i need to find something interesting to put here

Ok Scotty, jokes over... NOW BEAM UP MY CLOTHES!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the look. I like it alot. I liked it so much, it's the color I chose a year and a half ago when I started painting my army. I got the idea from the side of a hammerhead box, since I have no imagination of my own and must rely on others creativity, then I try to recreate it. :hmm:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea the new blue is sweet. The old brown did get kind of boring. I think the blue is just something refreshing, its new and different. The brown just stuck for too long. But watch in a few months or year we will get sick or bored of this blue. And hope for a new color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i definatly need to get my creativity from other people. But im feeling adventurous and i might change my army colors to a metallic blue and silver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

The paint scheme I've always used for my Tau is pretty similar to the new Tau Empire one -- 'cept mine is a darker blue and more shadowy sorta... I like the new look; the yellowish brown was driving me crazy...
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cllzzrd19
    i definatly need to get my creativity from other people. But im feeling adventurous and i might change my army colors to a metallic blue and silver.
    Blue and Silver, you say?

Record as of 26 December for my Static Tau Cadre.
    10 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw.
    Last game: Victory over Necron in a 600 point "kill em all" that lasted til turn 10 ending with a phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Now I could be increadibly wrong on this but I think you will find each sept uses its own colour schemes, further when forgeworld wrote IA3, they did it whilst consulting GW over the next codex Tau, so things like colour schemes are in there, mostly either desert patterns with different cammo for different septs, and blue or grey patterns for night fighting, again varriance for septs.
    the main exception to this is 2 fantastic piccis, one of a sensor and the other of a suit whose colour scheme is decribed as something like skyline cammo, starting from the bottom they are sort of dessert yellow, about 2/3rds of the way up this blends to white and then to blue, so they match the horizon in the desert

Spectacular, but you really wouldnt want to paint it unless you got a lot of time on your hands
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon Thief
    The paint scheme I've always used for my Tau is pretty similar to the new Tau Empire one -- 'cept mine is a darker blue and more shadowy sorta... I like the new look; the yellowish brown was driving me crazy...
    Yeah I origanally painted my Tau snakebite/black/ with gold and silver detailings, and had the HQ units in blue/black with silver detailing, and blue/black/silver urban camo effect on drones for the HQ.
    I am redoing my whole army for the new codex, I am going to paint all the models to exhibition standard (every model) for entry into next years GT tournie, and I am going to use the same blue/black silver colour combination but with an angular urbam cammo theme throughout (similar effect as the GW brown Hammerhead/devilfish cammo scheme).
    I wish I had used the blue colour scheme for all my previous army.
    There are pictures of the vehicles/suits of my present list on the gallery in this very forum.
    I for one prefer the blue colour scheme on the GW sight, just think its a bit flat thats all without enough contrasting colours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I always did like the vomit brown scheme, suits them I think. But the blue is nice, very good for cityfight. As far as I know, thats the Daly'th scheme. The vom brown is for T'au and Vior'la septs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Celestial
    Blue and Silver, you say?
    yes, like that. And are those your guys that u painted by hand witht eh col metallic blue?

+ Reply to Thread