Number of Pathfinders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Canada, Eh!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Number of Pathfinders

I don't have the new codex yet (in Canada that comes out in 4 days!), but I know the new rules for markerlights. My question is, how many pathfinders should I fit in a squad to maximise there efficiency(sp?) other than maxing the squad out (though if this is the best thing to do, I'll do it!).

So, should I get smaller squads to maximise the number of targets I can paint, or, should I go for the big squad so I can anihilate a squad in one round of shootiung?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x1)

Its a good question! The problem with lots of small pathfinder squads is you have to pay for more Devilfish and I could see that eating up a lot of points fast.

If you want to get lots of markerlights shooting at different units there are other ways to do it. Putting a drone controller and 2 marker drones in other units looks pretty effective to me. Also, the Skyray has 2 networked markerlights so once you've spent all its missiles you could use those to mark other things too.

I haven't played yet with the new codex (no one to play with in my area) but I put together a list last night and I went with a full-sized squad of pathfinders. It'll be ages before I can test it though.

+ Reply to Thread