fast tyranid warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fast tyranid warriors

okay, I don't have the money for wings, unless someone knows how to get them REALLY cheap, so I'm going with leaping. the next question is whether or not it's worth it to put any ranged weapons on warriors that are trying to keep up with termagaunts. any opinions? (and if you do know where to get really cheap wings, let me know too! )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think not, just use RC & ST that'l be fine. Sorry I need wings myself.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say no. For me fast warriors are for cc, so i'd give them ST, RC, EC, AG-I and leaping. Remember they're only fast when assualting, so they will fall behind in the early stages, It shouldn't be too much of a problem because it's only termies they are following. And sorry no i don't know where to find cheap wings. I would like to know also.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

With a 4+ save at best, and your opponent knowing that killing off the warriors is a good way to cripple your synapse, the safest place for your warriors is in close combat. Not giving them guns is a handy way to remember this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, on the cheap wings front I can help.

But its a bit dodgy.

If you have problems with WYSIWYG, you only need to represent them on the model. There is no rule that they have to look good. So....

Use classic gargoyle wings! Cheap and representitive of wings but do not look as good as FW or carefully attached dragon wings. But really really cheap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any sprues handy, so could someone tell me if the warrior sprues contain enough RC and ST to give them to three warriors? if not where could you get more, if so, are there extras (enough to give one two sets of ST)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sprues come with 3 sets of ST but only one set of RC, which really sucks. I think you can order that sprue separatley from the UK GW website, or maybe some brood lord RC coudl work as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of a plug, but this might be helpful:

http://www.necrotales.com/necroTutor...ut_wings01.php

4th edition lictor rending claws are $2US for two from GW(linkee). If you use the standard genestealer layout (rending, EC, nothing else), you'll have several scything talons left over that don't look awful on warriors.

Kep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine though that their smaller size means that they should only be used as a second pair. Nice wing conversion though! I'm sure I can't quite paint them like that, and my sculpting skills are rusty, but I've got no reason not to try it out! and I really could care less if something is a plug if it's useful, I'm sure everyone here can agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I found a pair of awesome wings for my Hive Tyrant at Toys R Us. I bought a nicely sculpted action frigure of a dragon and removed the wings to put on my tyrant. The wings look really awesome and only cost $10. If I could find someone who was interested in a wingless dragon action figure they would be less. Either Toys R Us or even KB Toys routinely puts action figures on clearance once they go out of style. Check it out.

For Tyrant wings look for the Dargons series created by Todd McFarlane. They are simply awesome and the right size for the Tyrant.

For Warrior wings try looking for older Gargoyles action figures. These are pretty old so finding them may be harder than the McFarlane figures. But if you do they'll be really cheap.

If you look for alternatives you're bound to find them. And much cheaper than GW, or worse FW, prices.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast