Who am I? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who am I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who am I?

I was born in 948.M41...

No, seriously.

I'm a relative newcomer to the collecting scene, though I have played a few games in the past and have a rapidly increasing knowledge of the Warhammer 40 000 'verse (just finished reading the rulebook today, including theme sections). I've been gifted with some Tau from a friend going on a backpacking journey, and am planning on expanding and playing them for some time to come - getting the codex tomorrow, as soon as I can afford it.

While I am interested in what I should get to expand it, for the moment I'm more intent in working out a background theme for them. Instead of being Generic Commander and Generic Cadre I'm hoping to have a past history, general set of goals and even a personality for the commander (hopefully) before I take the field. Sure it may result in more defeats, but I'd imagine the games themselves will be a lot more fun. The models I have, from memory (at Uni at the moment) are:

3 Crisis suits (1 commander), 2 Shield Drones

24 fire warriors

10 (yes, 10) Stealth suits

6 Gun Drones

1 Broadside suit

Aaand they have some conflicting color schemes in some places. So... any thoughts?

For the record, most of those folk I think I'm likely to be playing play Marines (big surprise, I know). So in terms of themely location I think we're likely to be on Nimbosa for a while. Or Medusa when that starts up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 Stealth Suits? I'd go for maximum...

Looks like a good foundation...
    It's been a minute.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Just buy a Blister to bump it up to 12, I just learned that nothing other than Maxed out Stealth Suits can last long in games.

Buy a Hammerhead!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would geta hammerhead and a devilfish and a unit of pathfinders( love new markerlights)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Hammerheads! More Crisis Suits! Yarr!
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone - and I will consider them closely before I buy anything more.

And any thoughts on the Theme/Fluff question? Ideally I'd like to avoid repainting them, just painting new models as I buy them - but that begs the question of why the different color schemes. A semi-scratch Cadre made up of the survivors of a battle, and still in the warzone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also buy more fire warriors yoiu can never have too many of them

four sqauds of ten shasui with target lock and marker light and blaze away and its not even 500 pts.

as for your fluff, i suggest repainting simply because a cohesive paint job looks much better in the table. Plus as you buy more models its going to leave the other painted ones looking isolated.
    However if you want to stick to what they are then a reformed cadre stuck in a war zone and stranded well behind enemy lines would make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaemus

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone - and I will consider them closely before I buy anything more.

And any thoughts on the Theme/Fluff question? Ideally I'd like to avoid repainting them, just painting new models as I buy them - but that begs the question of why the different color schemes. A semi-scratch Cadre made up of the survivors of a battle, and still in the warzone?

A reason for the different color scheme could be that they are composed of different disfranchised Fire Warriors from different Septs recriuted by a Fire Caste commander who symphathize or agrees with Commander Farsight's idea of breaking away from the main Tau Empire and who's fighting his way towards the Farsight Enclaves across the Tau Empire while recruiting fire warriors or other caste members along the way. If you want an official GW character, you could use Shas'o Tash'var Ol'nan B'kak aka Commander Brightsword. He used to work under Commander Farsight in his early military career but he didn't defect with O'Shovah. You can find his fluff in the new Tau Empire Codex (under "Victories of the Tau") and Last Chancer novel "Kill Team."

The problem with this fluff is effects of ethereals in Tau obedience. I can't think of a thing that could explain this problem. Or you could just say, prior to his defection his ethereal died, just like O'Shovah's.
    Is all good...

+ Reply to Thread