upcoming campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upcoming campaign

so its time for the necrons to get another shot at campaign distinction.
    we took gamesday atlanta, i wanna make such a big impact on a campaign as to actually have some space in there with the IG and SM poster boys.
    so how can we as necrons excel at this city fight thing?
    our troops are slow and clunky enough as it is.
    one thing stands out to me that will truely take its place in city fight like nothing else, where its abilities will be far more appreciable and useful with the specific city fight terrain, the wraith!
    the wraith i predict will shine in city fight as the favored fast attack, being able to go through the multiple buildings, even falling back through them if things go badly.
    instantly pass through two feet of dense terrain to get to the enemy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch! I may need to get 6 more. I never thought about that potential. You could hide all day and wait. Pop through a wall and surprise! Wraiths are uber effective....even against SM. I just wish we could take more that 3 in a unit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Why are you worried? You have the power of the necrons! Get a hold of your self! Necrons are the single most powerful army in the game and your worried about IG and some marines? Bah! think of it this way. Since it is city fighting it will be inclosed fighting. IG won't be able to have there entie army shooting at you all at once, unlike you. there will be many times where they will have infantry in lines, Use there numbers against them. Bottle neck there advances like they did in the 3rd matrix movie, in the battle for the hangar. The IG are the squids and your necrons are like the Walker things with the big guns. So to keep things simple and if your going to listen to me, then THIS IS IMPORTANT, If you his entire army is shooting at you, 50/50 chance you live. If your entire army is shooting and only 25 percent of his is shooting then 100 percent chance you'll win.
    Lets say in a maxed out troop choice it 20 Necrons vs 5 inatry squads with a few spieal weapons. lure the fighting into an ally, where your 20 necrons are shooting at only 1 squad of IG at a time.
    This can back fire so listen closely. the IG will want to get into CC with you cuz with IG they will never get an AP, but if your shooting you get AP plus there slighty stronger, cuz its a guass weapon. Basically you pay alot of point for your necrons to use the guass flayer, so get your money's worth.
    Also if the IG get into CC with the necrons in an ally, away from the rest of the army, he can just do it to tie up your guns, so now theres 4 P/Oed infantry squads that your army has to deal with, if he does that with 4 of yous necron squads then you have 16 more infatry squad to deal with, and if your army has an extra160 more infatry to deal with then, basically you have been outnumbered, and outmanuvered.

But dont let that happen and youll be fine,....i hope an IG player doen't read this..oops.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

How can Necrons win in CityFight, where the terrain is completely against us and line of sight is cut off? Easy, Scarabs. Wraiths are great, and are decent in CC, but their numbers mean they will eventually be ground down. Scarabs, on the other hand, have the numbers and wounds to last. That and the points are almost the same for full squads of each.

Scarabs will let you tie up multiple squads if you string them out on the charge, and if you pay for the upgrade you can take out tanks with them. If nothing else, you'll keep tanks from firing (the enemy will want to move them to negate Scarab charge bonuses and auto hits on stationary targets). And the best part about them is that Cityfight is a coversave rich environment, and those little buggers get +1 to cover. Slap a DLord with a Warscythe and the Gaze into the mix, and you'll make people fear CC with Necrons.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread