Q about Armour Plates. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q about Armour Plates.

I am using the Army Builder tool from LoneWolf....I'm trying to create an army list that has more Kans in it. The tool charges me 5pts for Armour Plates for a squad of 3 Kans. Is this accurate? Does it cost 5pts to add Armour Plates to 3 Kans? I would have thought it would cost 5pts each for a total of 15pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribking
    I am using the Army Builder tool from LoneWolf....I'm trying to create an army list that has more Kans in it. The tool charges me 5pts for Armour Plates for a squad of 3 Kans. Is this accurate? Does it cost 5pts to add Armour Plates to 3 Kans? I would have thought it would cost 5pts each for a total of 15pts.

*Sigh* Dude just buy the codex. We're not aloud to give any points values because it's gainst the copyright laws. Also just using an army builder is a bad idea, alot of times armies have special rules and you won't know them.
    Necron 2000 14/1/13

How come everybody else on this forum has 400 wins to 2 loses? I smell cheese.... and beef... sandwich!

What was Rogal Dorn doing when the Sanguinius and the Emporer got killed???

Woohoooo I killed the treeman!!! :)

I killed the Glade riders too!!!! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yer your right i checked its 5pts per kan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have the Codex, but there are things that are not covered in just the Codex. There are vehicle mob rules that are special cases, so I didn't immediately dismiss this as an error. I assumed that it was an error with the tool I was using, but wanted to make sure before I send a bug notice to them.

I didn't know we weren't allowed to post point values....sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

(In order to emphasize that rule, I'll avoid posting any point values as well.)

One thing to remember.

The armour plates vehicle upgrade has two values.

One for vehicles under a certain number of points, one for vehicles over that number of points.

Page 37 of the Ork Codex.

While typically a killer kan will come in under that value, if you add any other wargear to the Kan, like say stickbomb chukkas or whatever, you'll end up paying for the higher value.

So keep the Kans cheap. .

Also, a little trick I like to do is to have a squad of burna boyz walk behind or in the midst of the Kans. They can help the Kans in Hth, take cover behind the Kans and provide the Kans with protection in the form of their mekboy with a KFF for some hull down rolls, mekboy tools and 3 grot oilers.

These are almost a necessity to make the Kan mob work properly due to the vehicle squadron rules.

Page 73 of the main rulebook.

If one of your Kans gets immobilized, you'd either have to stay within 4" of it with the rest of the Kans or abandon it causing it to be automatically destroyed.

Thats why I like the mekboy to be around with his tools and oilers to fix up the kans.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See....there's another thing I see often enough. Where does it say that Kans are open-topped? I can understand the benefit of having the Mek-boy nearby for all of the infantry units (and the burnas behind the Kans is a great idea!), but I was under the impression that Kans are not open-topped and therefore do not benefit from the forcefield. Can you point me to a rule that says otherwise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Sigh.

Killer Kans are not open topped.

There are two types of force fields for Orks.

One is a vehicle upgrade found in the Kult of Speed list, and thus not available to Killer Kans in any case since Killer Kans can not be taken in a KoS.

This force field overides the open-topedness of a vehicle but slows it down if it is a fast vehicle.

Page 10 of the Armageddon codex.

The other type is a piece of wargear available to mekboyz which avails troops and vehicles around it of a cover save.

Page 35 of the Ork codex.

It is referred to as the Kustom force field as well, further differentiating it.

Hopefully that will clear up the confusion.
    Last edited by Grey; March 27th, 2006 at 23:12.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what confused me is you calling it a "Hull Down Roll". That and the fact that I thought "Models" (as in "Models within 6 inches") did not mean "Vehicles" as well. I completely understand the KFF rules now. Thanks for your help.

It seems from the audible sighs that my amateur knowledge of the rules in general is upsetting you guys. Is there a "Noob" forum I could goto with my questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Nah.

I've just posted too many times today already and should get off the computer.

Hull down is the old school term which is mentioned in the Ork codex I believe.

Now we'd call it 'obscured'. Not quite as effective as hull down used to be, but still better than nothing.

And the Kustom Force Field clearly effects any vehicle within its radius as well, as stated on page 35 of the Ork codex as I said above.

Just remember that it doesn't work in close combat.

So while your orks can claim a cover save and the Killer Kans an obscured save whilst under its protective dome, it doesn't help at all in hth. As stated in the codex.
    Last edited by Grey; March 27th, 2006 at 23:38.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread