undead? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: undead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

undead?

Brain was telling me of using alittle bit of an undead theme to a Dark Eldar army would look nice (if done right). But would that be too...improper by dark eldar standards? It would be a wych kult list, but scourges would be modified with skeleton bits, and the drivers of them raiders?

---just for the record, i think there are too many marine armies by here, so I'd like to avoid chaos---

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Why not?

Wouldnt suprise me one bit if some of the Dark Eldar would have strayed into that path.
    Since we Dark Eldar players have little real fluff to guide us why not play around with it?

Death is already a big part of DE society after all... :ninja:
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of my Dark Eldar warriors are 'undead' (skull heads, torn up armour etc.).

The way I see it, Dark Eldar are particularly good at working with souls. They can capture, contain, torture, distil and consume them, and even go so far as using them as weapons in some cases.

The Craftworld Eldar (CWE) are also able to capture and contain souls through the use of spirit stones but as far as I can see, they haven't quite perfected it to the art that the Dark Eldar have.

What the CWE can do however, is use spirit stones to control wraithbone constructs - the Wraithguard and Wraithlords. So if the CWE can do this, why not the Dark Eldar? Wraithbone would be in limited supply, but why not just use a corpse instead? It would be a suitable vessel for the soul (after all, it recently contained one anyway), and it fits in perfectly with the twisted Dark Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. To be honest I don't know much about eldar fluff (I thought wraithlords were a near-dead eldar...beakie dred. style)...I did read thru the dark eldar codex, but saw nothing about necromancy (must've missed that thing with ammo), and figured the talos dark eldar's tough-beast thing runs on the living, didn't know. HAHAHA, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybeast
    Thanks. To be honest I don't know much about eldar fluff (I thought wraithlords were a near-dead eldar...beakie dred. style)...I did read thru the dark eldar codex, but saw nothing about necromancy (must've missed that thing with ammo), and figured the talos dark eldar's tough-beast thing runs on the living, didn't know. HAHAHA, thanks
    There isn't actually anything anywhere linking the Dark Eldar with Necromancy. My above post is just me theorising about how the Dark Eldar could 'create' undead soldiers using the technology they appear to have (ie. manipulating souls).

Necromancy itself implies the use of magic, ie. psykers. The current DE background seems to indicate that psykers are very rare in Commorragh due to their tendencvy to be considered "amusing playthings" by their bretheren.
    I suppose you could have Dark Eldar psykers 'raising' corpses to do their bidding, but such an instance would be quite rare. Personally I prefer to stick with good old technology to create the walking dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am making a wych kult army...so the fluff would go along with "recycling" a few good minions that are entertaining to watch killing stuff...dunno. Mainly thinking of drivers for the raider(s)...dunno. Not gonna go nuts as if it was a vampire counts warhammer fantasy army.

+ Reply to Thread