Warriors worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors worth it?

From the old codex, i loved warriors... they were my fave. But now it just seems like they suck. Wings make them die in throngs, and leaping is just too slow. The only thing I saw they were good for was synapse. But in the new codex, horms are pretty crappy since you cant swarm em any more, so I just replaced them with the much better stealer. I have replaced my warriors with raveners since they can deep strike, or atleast run far enough to just from cover to cover. Does anyone still use warriors?

When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, wat codex are u reading from? Sure u havnt got ur editons mixed up?

The last codex there was no point in taking them cos they were just lascannon bait. But now that Syanpse cant be instant killed and no 'Shoot the big one' rule they are very worth running up with gaunts or using as heavy weapons.

Leaping doesnt make them too slow, it makes them just fast enough to keep up with ur gaunts and not over run them and Winged Works as backup for ur winged tyrant.
    Last edited by w00kie; March 31st, 2006 at 19:24.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I think Warriors work very well, and they are one of my favorite units. They can be suited to whatever role you need, whether its close combat, synapse, support, shooting, mixed etc.

I suggest you read this Warrior Tactica for more information.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE WARRIORS :yes: They're fantastic. The amount of times i've caught my opponent off gaurd by charging 12" is so worth it. With a nice number of rending attacks on the charge they can rip through any squad. Synapse is fantastic on them, controlling other broods and saving their own skin/chitin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Illishan
    From the old codex, i loved warriors... they were my fave. But now it just seems like they suck. Wings make them die in throngs, and leaping is just too slow. The only thing I saw they were good for was synapse.
    Wings give you a fast move to provide good cover support for synapse, light weapons or CC seem to be the standard option here. Leaping is cheap and great for CC warriors making them 12" assault can scare alot of gamers.
    But in the new codex, horms are pretty crappy since you cant swarm em any more, so I just replaced them with the much better stealer.
    Each has there purpose Hormagaunts are almost guarenteed to get 2nd turn assault. there cheaper and beat most opponents in HTH and 32 of them for 320 points have 96 attacks on the charge. Genestealers are slower so a Turn 3 assualt. That gives the opponent another round of shooting you. (riki i know scuttle but generally). So while genestealers rip through anything they cost more points and are slower. Depending on the role hormagaunts are better than genestealers
    I have replaced my warriors with raveners since they can deep strike, or atleast run far enough to just from cover to cover. Does anyone still use warriors?
    Deepstriking raveners is almost suicide unless you can hide them. They are awesome except for T4 5+ save. which makes them bolter bait. So yes they are better than warriors in CC and they mvoe faster. However warriors are more survivably (synapse & EC) they can take our hvy weapons. They can be almost as fast as raveners, all while being cheaper. Raveners are better IMO left behind your MC's until there in assault range to protect them, once there assaulting they don't need protection

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Warriors are beautiful things. Synapse is a must for any Tyranid list. Then you get into the fact that they have enough effective attacks to cut through horde lists, while the rending claws allow them to seriously threaten just about everything. I also like it that they can take leaping or flying.

My 2000 point lists usually has 9 - 12 leaping warriors and 3 flying ones. Not one ravener, because they do not fit my style. Still, I must plead the case for warriors.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Warriors are exellent. Leaping ones aren't too slow move 6 in turn 1. 6 in turn 2 and assault anything within 12. Thats 24 inches of influence by your second turn. If nothing is close enough by your third turn they should have moved 18 by now add thier 12 assault move on to that it's 30. If you still can't assault anything just how big is your gaming table? With the new stealer boxed sets spare parts for lots of rending claws isn't a problem. Take 2 of the same gun to merge it and you have a twinlinked weapon which counts as both its weapons. Warriors are also immune to instant death and will make all the raveners,zoanthropes and lictors within 12 immune too so you can drive overly railgun dependent tau mad and then consume them.

+ Reply to Thread