Shas'ui Markerlight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shas'ui Markerlight

I'm a tad confused as to the usefulness of a firewarrior team's shas'ui with markerlight.
    It doesn't really confer any bonuses to the team that the shas'ui is with, so isn't it just a points sink? I know i'd rather have a team of pathfinders markerlight the really important targets.

Fluffheads of the world, Unite!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldn't use it, but if another team were to fire at that same squad they could benefit from the markerlight

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, the markerlights can't help out the team, but you can use it to mark transports or other vehicles which are dangerously close, expecially if you also give him a Target Lock. The only thing that can help out the squad its part of is a networked markerlight, which can be found on a marker drone.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to gain the benefits of a markerlight to your own squad of firewarriors, take a marker drone. Then again, if you used the marker drone purely for the sake of a ballistic pump, your points would actually be better spent on more firewarriors to give you more shots to hit (not to mention the bonus of extra wounds/bodies).

A shas'ui with a markerlight is best using a hard-wired target lock. He assists critical heavy support, such as broadsides and hammerheads, to obliterate their enemies. The advantages of the Markerlight on a shas'ui (with a target lock) is:

- It is not as vulnerable at all! You have to wipe out the entire squad before the shas'ui is hit. Compared to a pathfinder sqaud which will have heavy losses against a predator with an autocannon and two heavy bolters (or equivalents). I face these commonly.
    - It is still cheap and effective! Skyrays and Sniper Gun drones are rediculous ways of getting the amount of markerlights that are nearly cumpulsory. Marker drones are as effective, but cost an arm and a leg!

The problem is that there are only a limited about of shas'ui, and you lose an effective pulse rifle. Still, I'd rather have my markerlights safe and sound inside my FW squads than out in the open with pathfinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHorde
    I'm a tad confused as to the usefulness of a firewarrior team's shas'ui with markerlight.
    It doesn't really confer any bonuses to the team that the shas'ui is with, so isn't it just a points sink? I know i'd rather have a team of pathfinders markerlight the really important targets.
    If you want markerlights, pathfinders are the way to go for you. If you want a lot of marker lights, then you need a shas'ui. I haven't used marker drones yet but at... ouch... 30 points i'm not sure I want to.

If you're like me and don't really care for ML that much, then yes the shas'ui is a point sink.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´m starting tau so actually i play 500-1000 pts games.

In this range of points i can´t take pathfinders so I could use MLs on my Shas'ui in the next game. It could be a good adventage for my crisis suits.

+ Reply to Thread