Shoota Boyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoota Boyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I had a 16 ork shoota boy mob fire a volley in which it scored 12 hits with a total of 10 wounds, and by some odd alignment of the stars the SM's terminator squad failed 4 of his 2+ armor saves leaving a single terminator left in the 5-man squad. There's nothing like a hail of bullets to cut down your enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but i'd prefer a squad of Flash gitz. I mean come on, 20 models with Assault 2 weapons with a 24" range? What's the chance that at least 15 of those aren't going to hit? But look at this too, a 24" range, not just Rapid 12". Look into that!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely, shoota boyz are under-estimated!

and flash gitz, they rock too!

chicken^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I had a success story like that with my shoota boyz. There only job is to screen the slugga boyz before falling back a hopefully mobbing up. Sometimes they dont do that 2 well anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like flash gitz too but find them kind of high cost given they still can&#39;t hit the broad side of a barn. <_< 20 orks firing, on average, will only yield ~6 hits. Not bad but then given the wound rolls and armor saves you end up with 1-2 kills per turn on average. I would agree that the More Dakka add-on rocks though. Generally if I&#39;ve got the points I think the gitz are worth the extra cost but in smaller battles their just too expensive; I&#39;d rather have more units given the high mortality rate of orks and their lousy BS.

I had a lot of lucky rolls in the battle; my first two shots from Zzap guns yielded a pair of Str 10 hits, killing his librarian and the remaining terminator. This incidently was in the same turn as the shoota boyz fired their volley thereby wiping nearly all the enemy&#39;s big point units off the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever thought of entering the Lotto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use enough dice and you are bound to kill some targets, my grots shoot pretty good once they get into range. But I do not use shoota boyz much, if I do I only use small mobs.

WAAAGH&#33; Da Shooty Orks
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is getting them close, stupid Tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That&#39;s what grots are for; build yourself a wall of them to prevent getting chewed up as you close. While grots only really give you a 5+ cover save under normal circumstances, the way I read the rules they also work like any other unit in that you can only target what units you can see "through them" (i.e., in between models); so if you stack them up 2 or 3 ranks deep and staggered you can effectively screen your boyz 100%. The only problem is you run into moral problems once the grots really start getting mowed down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem is you run into moral problems once the grots really start getting mowed down.
    All ya need is a Squighound ta reroll all ur Morale Tests&#33;&#33; WAAAAAAAAGH&#33;&#33;&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast