Spped Freaks looted vehicle transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spped Freaks looted vehicle transport

I tried to search for an answer on the forum but I couldnt find anything addressing this exact issue.

It says in the speed freaks list that all the orks must begin the game mounted in a wartrukk, battlewagon, or a LOOTED VEHICLE (or something to that effect).

In the Armageddon FAQ it says that the warboss and retinue may not be mounted in a looted vehicle.

What about normal orks? I want to mount a burna boyz mob in a chimera. Can they start mounted in a chimera and leave their trukk empty and parked in the deployment zone? Or could they just not buy the trukk at all and use the chimera? If they cant do this, why not, and what orks CAN start mounted in a looted vehicle as it says in the army list rules????

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

KoS must be mounted in a vehicle. In normal orks you could loot a chimera and start a squad of burna boys inside, seems like a waste but its your army. With normal orks not all units can buy a trukk.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I had the idea to use the Chimera with 2 heavy flamers, plus the burna boyz with 4 burnas and a mek with a burna. Trukk boyz dont have frag stikkbombz, I could use the burna boyz to attack a squad in cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooops I had created that other login on my home computer, then I made this account at work. I was still logged in here with the old account at home when I replied. If they want, a mod could just delete my "hounddog" post.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm sounds like a fun tactic, but I do see a problem: It's going to be tricky to train both the chimera's flamers on your target, and get your boys into a position where they're shooting a squad, and not the chimera. Unlike ork Trukks, you have to get out the back side of the Chimera, wich means that they have to be within 2" of the back door.
    Not a useless tactic, but I see the chimera moving up 12 (can't shoot as it's not fast), then the orks pop out the back (with the chimera turned to give their target flank & let the orks out so they can shoot.) later turns the ork's & chimera work together on flaming. . .

Just saying that I don't see it mattering too much chance of them flaming the same target on delivery.

Also welcome to the forum.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply.

True, but I was hoping to tank shock into the middle of a unit, the hull flamer can fire ahead, the turret sideways, the orks jump out the back and fire left and right. It might not work but I will give it a try and see what I can do.

+ Reply to Thread