Pheonix Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pheonix Lords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pheonix Lords

I was reading the codex, and it says pheonix lords can lead a squad, and give special bonuses if they lead a squad of their own aspect. Does this count as part of the squad letting me have 8 regular units 1 exarch and 1 Pheonex Lord, or 9 regular units 1 exarch, and a pheonex lord... (out of a 10 unit squad)

Also im not sure wether the pheonex lord has to be part of the squad or just near themtop be considered leading them. Could it be a few inches in front of the squad, or must it be part of it to give the squad the bonuses?

Im kinda new to the eldar so i apolegize if these questions seem to dumb to ask.

-Do not regret what you cannot change

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Well, you get squad of striking scorpions (for example), including the exarch, then you add in Karandras, because he's an independant character, you can attach and detach him from the squad. For the other question, he has to be in the squad to lead it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i take it you're new to 40k as well?

the phoenix lords have independant character status. that means in the movement phase, by moving within 2 inches of a model in the squad, they can choose to join the squad for the rest of the turn and your opponents next turn. some independant characters give benefits to squads they join. in our case, any exarch powers the phoenix lord has can be conferred to the squad.

for example, karandas has suprise assault (+2 attacks on the charge instead of +1). add this to a squad of banshees and they're pretty savage. same with storm guardians and hordes.

however, they only apply the fearless rule when they join their aspect. so, as mentioned, karandas leading scorpions would be fearless scorpions. asurmen leading dire avengers would be fearless avengers.

+ Reply to Thread