cool ork model to paint - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool ork model to paint

So I got a better job and to celebrate I'm going to dabble into the world of the ork. I'm about 70% done a SM vanilla force and well, all that power armour is getting pretty boring. I want to paint an ork to get the color scheme and painting style down but I'm not sure what to get. Now I don't want to start collecting units and put to much on my plate, I'm looking for just one model, so what should it be?

For a while I was debating Chaos or IG for a next army but that thread about that cracked out gun trukk sold me on orks. Plus I figure by the timeI am done with the marines the orks will be close to redone. That and forgeworld has some rediculous stuff for the green backs.

Also, when I paint them I don't want the comic book green, I'm looking for a dirty soot covered green, a more realistic fithy ork look. Probably put down a few coats of green, ink the muscle lines then drybrush a hazy green/black over top. Sort of like these ones...
    http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...hp?i=2391&c=39

Thanks for the input and here goes, my very first WWWWWWAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, the paint scheme looks great, and works really well with that chaos mutation bit.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, I didn't paint that...that is just an example of how I'ld like to paint orks.

Shold I get a warboss or what? What is a neat looking ork to paint, plus I most definately want to convert it. Suggestions?
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

power claw and choppa for your warboss but id paint a ork boy first then when you got the prefered colours get the warboss. also power claw and choppa is a good combo for a warbossbut its all up to you what you want him to look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

If your looking for a boy to practice on i would buy any of the Nob blisters ($8 i think) that way you can get a little practice, and if it works you have a nob ready to go. Plus metal is easier to strip then plastic as you can just drop it in lysol and wash off the lysol and ready to paint again. My first ork was a storm boy nob, i wouldn't recommend that because they take some finessing to get together cleanly.

Another option is to go balls deep and buy a box set of boys. you'll need it anyway and you have plenty to practice on and trust me you'll find a use for the bitz and gubbinz.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Get one of the old Gorkamorka Nobs from mail order. They are by far some of the best ork models to date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get an ork nob with power claw in a blister pack right? If so, that's what I'll get. I'll look around at other blisters for parts to kustomize him and I'll make it known on my local message board that I am looking for random ork bits. So, a nob with power claw and choppa...? I'll try to get some heads and orky parts. Maybe I'll even incorporate my SM's to the scheme, with marine body parts on the bases from my chapter so that they have the prefered enemy thing. Anyhting else? The Gorkamorka thing is too inpractical, I just want to walk to the store, look around and buy something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get some grots. Grots are sweet.
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want practice boyz, there is a new box of 4 ork boyz that you could get. that'd give you 4 chances to get your color scheme down
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
    SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Fantasy:
    Khorne= 16-4-1

40K:
    Orks= 8-4-2
    Space Marines= 3-2-2

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk03
    Get some grots. Grots are sweet.
    YES, get some grots. The Gorkamorka rebel grot models are the sweetest ork models ever.
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...028&orignav=10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast