Is this a legal tactic? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a legal tactic?

Someone did this to me a few days ago and I'm pretty sure its not legal and you cant do it but he insisted that it was. I just let him have it and he decimated me as a result, (I was Tau he was DE). I have a DE army too and was interested if this is actually legal.

Ok, he starts the game with nothing on the board. Then on whatever turn he makes his deep striking roll he drops a Raider on the board because he has the Screaming Jets, and then in the same turn disembarks because he has the Scaling Nets. He disembarks his commander and his squad. Then in the SAME TURN he deploys the WWP and all of his reserves that he rolled for came out.

I didnt think you could do this because you cannot move or shoot in the same turn but he insisted that this case is an exception for some reason I can't remember. Anyways, please let me know if this is a legal tactic or not. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, scaling nets don't let you disembark the same turn you deep strike. Plus he'd have to wait until itleast the second round to bring in his reserves.
    If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

AHX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rules for screaming jets state specifically that troops cannot disembark the turn it deep strikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I brought that point up and he countered by saying that you could deploy the WWp without disembarking from the Raider. I said he couldnt because it counts as moving since he deep struck. 2 Questions, 1 can you actually use the WWP without getting off a Raider and does that tactic work?

AHX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if by the same reasoning, then there's nothing to stop a raider from boosting 24 inches across the table then deploying a WWP? No, the WWP specifically states that it may be used by a model instead of shooting or moving that turn. since either deep striking or turbo boosting will already count that model as moving, you cannot deploy your WWP the same turn.
    I dunno whether he could deploy his WWP from his raider or not. Probably not. but he definitely can't do it the turn he deep strikes.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

As it was previously stated, there is no way to disembark from a raider which just deepstruck, and it also counts as moving an d therefore a WWP cannot be deployed either way.

However, deploying a WWP from a raider is a grey area in general. Things like template weapons can be fired from inside transport vehicles, which indicates that deploying a WWP can work as well - it's basically the same procedure but with a blast marker instead of a flame template. There isn't really anything definite though.

+ Reply to Thread