USF wraithgate rule? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USF wraithgate rule?

my neighbor and i we playing usf vs blood angles when a debate about this following rule came up

my neighbor says that since the wraithgate is opened during the shooting phase that means that my reserves cant come in into the turn after the gate has been placed
    so does this mean i have to open my gate on one to bring them on turn wo

i'm saying that since they count as reserves but he only diffence is that they come in from the wraithgate and not the table edge that it dosent matter when i open the gate
    i always played as turn two i openmy gate and roll to see if units come in

what your take

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Since the units are coming from reserve all the normal rules apply, so there is no way you can get reserves on turn one.

Exactly, as its placed in the shooting phase (and reserves happen before all else) you have to wait a turn to get anything, so turn two is the earliest you can get anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

The only "exception" would be if your last gate carrier was killed in the enemy turn, then the gate would drop and your reserves would start arriving at the beginning of your turn.

Otherwise, you have to wait through an enemy turn before your reserves can arrive.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    The only "exception" would be if your last gate carrier was killed in the enemy turn, then the gate would drop and your reserves would start arriving at the beginning of your turn.

Otherwise, you have to wait through an enemy turn before your reserves can arrive.
    Advantage of giving the wraithgate to a warlock, the opponent doesn't have time to react to reserves if it drops like this. Can go the other way though, if you suffer too many casulties the wraithgate may fall at the wrong time. But giving your opponent a turn to react to the deployed gate can be a big disadvantage.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Indeed, but it can be solved if you use pinning units. EMLs and Rangers are great in USF when you plan to drop the gate by yourself.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread