Railgun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Railgun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As u should guess I play Orks and I have trouble believe how well the ordanance on the Railgun is. In the rulebook it says it doesnt count as Ordanance. Does this just refer to the ability to move and shoot and fire other weapons? Because the way he plays Tau now he sees it as a 5" blast marker. Combined with targetting array its a 3+ to hit which means 4 turns a average game he gets to blast 8 Orks of the field of demolish the Wartruck or Big Guns. Is this the way to use the Ordanance use or does it scatter and the rule refer to weapon allowance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes using the railgun right, its just a good weapon, only guess range weapons scatter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. It is a direct fire weapon that uses the large blast template. He chooses a target, covers as many models as possible, rolls to hit, and then roll to wound as many models as were under the template. You can reposition the template within the targetted squad as long as it still covers as many models.

TauofWar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, its not an ordinace weapon, gotta love it for the tau players....all others ph34r it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, the rail gun is awesome. Even against marines, the ordnance hits and wounds most of em, and they're bound to fail a few armour saves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now none of u will probably belive this but what the hell, last weekend i was playing a 2v2 take and hold. my opponent where Sm's and Necrons on the bridge (objective) was a tomb spider and 9space marines, one shot from the railgun caused all of the 8 Sm under the template to drop dead!! 8 1's and 2's whats the odds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

The odds would be one third to the power of eight, which is 6561 to one.

I was in the Cheltenham UK GW shop two months ago, and a young kid playing a supervised LOTR game threw all ones with six dice.
    Thats one sixth to the power of six, or 46656 to one.
    Doesn't happen every day!
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard Aun dont u think u seem to roll double ones or triple ones more than double 6's or triple 6's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

You're having a larf, arn't you?

Perhaps you just notice all ones (or all sixes) depending on how important they are in the context of the game you are playing. If its crucial at that point in the game to throw a load of ones, you're gonna make a big deal of it and remember it.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you notice if you just seem to roll 3's or less all the goddamn time. Painted armies do seem to roll better, as well, though you've heard that before. Which may help add up to my winless streak of something like ten games (all of them that I've played, there was one where I won but it was because i thought a GK GM had 4 wounds).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast