Da BoOmBoXxz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da BoOmBoXxz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da BoOmBoXxz

So I've been thinking a bit. I've looked a little at Ork "culture"(such as it is) and I've compared it to the hip hop and rap sub-culture I see everyday at school. They're really quite similar. Lots of small groups fighting with other small groups, each with their own signs, colors, words, and things of similar nature. This gave me the idea of an Ork army of "gangstas and thugs". Any thoughts on this? Ideas would be appreciated.

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Sounds extremely racist to me. You're saying they're all on the level of somewhat humorous murdering savages (lacking intellect). People who care for rap music, such as myself, may disagree.

Edit- I may just be misunderstanding you intentions, but rap is a mainly black genre of music, and it could be misconstrued that you're putting black people on the level of orcs.
    Last edited by mephistophales; April 16th, 2006 at 05:21.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty sure that he is NOT being racist, hes just tired of stupid poser kids at school being like yo i look up to 50 cent even though he got shot 9 times and was a crack dealer, and he sees their petty squabbles the same way that orks have petty squabbles. I think its a good analage cause kids in my school are the same way.
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

I suppose he's not. I guess there's no problem then, but I was just saying some people might take it the wrong way.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've greatly misunderstood me. Some of my closest friends are black, and I have the utmost respect for people who are black and any other ethnicity. Nor am I saying black people are orks, savages, or that people who listen to rap are, I like rap myself, which is why I thought of this in the first place. And if you think about it before immediately branding me a racist, I made a valid point. Orks do wear "colors" like people in gangs do, they have their own symbols, dress, and all around culture. HavenDan is very correct, it is partially inspired by people who are "posers" but also by actual gangs. And remember, I never said "black people" you're wrong for assuming that, and while I did say the hip hop culture, many other people, including white people, are part of that. Music know no race or color, black, brown, yellow, white, and now green. Lets remember Dr. King, shall we?

Now then, I'm new to Orks, so could anyone offer me advice on what units would be good for an infantry heavy army?
    Last edited by sonofslaanesh; April 16th, 2006 at 05:38.
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

I apologize, I didn't mean to brand you a racist and I should have worded it differently. I hope you don't receive any undue flack for this.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Well, hip-hop and rap are not specifically black. it's a subculture and not a sub-ethnicity.

I actually find your analogy pretty funny.

Some people may indeed take it the wrong way, but what about that CSM army I saw in WD painted like 60s-70s heavy metal bands? Your army would not be more offensive than that.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on topic now... I think it would be a very creative idea. The orks could wear little bandanas, backwards hats, have the gang 'flags' hanging out of their pocket, and instead of riding in normal trucks, you could convert them to look like pimped out escalades or old hot rods. Of course, you should give it the obvious ork humor, and maybe have characters having their hands around like rappers, or do trademark poses from famous rappers. Perhaps a biggie smalls warboss? hahaha. Be sure to show us pictures if you do decide to undertake this task because its a great idea and has a lot of potential to be funny as hell.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking a lot of Ork Boyz and Stik Bommas (the bombs modelled as molotof ****tails). The boss, Big Boss Blingtooth and his Nobz, the Bling Boyz (name up for change), in a Wartrukk, converted or maybe just painted up as a "pimp-mobeel", which entails a gaudy color, possibly purple, and a lot of metal colors. Maybe a Wartrak or Warbuggy, converted in a similar fasion, though not as pimped out, if you'll allow me to use the term.

And I'm thinking a lot of little things, like painting the teeth gold to simulate "grillz", having some of then flashing signs, and I'm heavily converting the Nobz and Boss, a few Nobz will be breakdancing, one will have a boombox, and I'm up for any ideas on the Boss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this idea creative and funny at the same time. While I have no clue as how to "pimp" said Warboss, I do have a idea for you when it comes to any Doks you might have in your "gangsta" waagh. Make him up like the dealer for the army. With a few gretchen within your army as the posers.

Anyways I think this would be a creative army and one I'd pay to see at a tournie.

May the Dice Gods bless your rolls.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll be damned before the soldiers of the Emperor are just left to rot!
    Last words of Colonel Densit from the Rahaxin 19th

"DISS NOT THE EMPEROR'S POINTED STICK, HERETIC!"

If it doesn't work with the Emperor. Then it's been officially Karmooned!!!

BEWARE THE POWER OF THE LIGHT-BRIGHT!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast