Librarium Online Forums banner

Da BoOmBoXxz

831 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Xerxes 
#1 ·
So I've been thinking a bit. I've looked a little at Ork "culture"(such as it is) and I've compared it to the hip hop and rap sub-culture I see everyday at school. They're really quite similar. Lots of small groups fighting with other small groups, each with their own signs, colors, words, and things of similar nature. This gave me the idea of an Ork army of "gangstas and thugs". Any thoughts on this? Ideas would be appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
Sounds extremely racist to me. You're saying they're all on the level of somewhat humorous murdering savages (lacking intellect). People who care for rap music, such as myself, may disagree.

Edit- I may just be misunderstanding you intentions, but rap is a mainly black genre of music, and it could be misconstrued that you're putting black people on the level of orcs.

#3 ·
im pretty sure that he is NOT being racist, hes just tired of stupid poser kids at school being like yo i look up to 50 cent even though he got shot 9 times and was a crack dealer, and he sees their petty squabbles the same way that orks have petty squabbles. I think its a good analage cause kids in my school are the same way.

#4 ·
I suppose he's not. I guess there's no problem then, but I was just saying some people might take it the wrong way.

#5 · (Edited)
You've greatly misunderstood me. Some of my closest friends are black, and I have the utmost respect for people who are black and any other ethnicity. Nor am I saying black people are orks, savages, or that people who listen to rap are, I like rap myself, which is why I thought of this in the first place. And if you think about it before immediately branding me a racist, I made a valid point. Orks do wear "colors" like people in gangs do, they have their own symbols, dress, and all around culture. HavenDan is very correct, it is partially inspired by people who are "posers" but also by actual gangs. And remember, I never said "black people" you're wrong for assuming that, and while I did say the hip hop culture, many other people, including white people, are part of that. Music know no race or color, black, brown, yellow, white, and now green. Lets remember Dr. King, shall we?

Now then, I'm new to Orks, so could anyone offer me advice on what units would be good for an infantry heavy army?

#6 ·
I apologize, I didn't mean to brand you a racist and I should have worded it differently. I hope you don't receive any undue flack for this.

#7 ·
Well, hip-hop and rap are not specifically black. it's a subculture and not a sub-ethnicity.

I actually find your analogy pretty funny.

Some people may indeed take it the wrong way, but what about that CSM army I saw in WD painted like 60s-70s heavy metal bands? Your army would not be more offensive than that.

#8 ·
Back on topic now... I think it would be a very creative idea. The orks could wear little bandanas, backwards hats, have the gang 'flags' hanging out of their pocket, and instead of riding in normal trucks, you could convert them to look like pimped out escalades or old hot rods. Of course, you should give it the obvious ork humor, and maybe have characters having their hands around like rappers, or do trademark poses from famous rappers. Perhaps a biggie smalls warboss? hahaha. Be sure to show us pictures if you do decide to undertake this task because its a great idea and has a lot of potential to be funny as hell.

#9 ·
I'm thinking a lot of Ork Boyz and Stik Bommas (the bombs modelled as molotof ****tails). The boss, Big Boss Blingtooth and his Nobz, the Bling Boyz (name up for change), in a Wartrukk, converted or maybe just painted up as a "pimp-mobeel", which entails a gaudy color, possibly purple, and a lot of metal colors. Maybe a Wartrak or Warbuggy, converted in a similar fasion, though not as pimped out, if you'll allow me to use the term.

And I'm thinking a lot of little things, like painting the teeth gold to simulate "grillz", having some of then flashing signs, and I'm heavily converting the Nobz and Boss, a few Nobz will be breakdancing, one will have a boombox, and I'm up for any ideas on the Boss.

#10 ·
I find this idea creative and funny at the same time. While I have no clue as how to "pimp" said Warboss, I do have a idea for you when it comes to any Doks you might have in your "gangsta" waagh. Make him up like the dealer for the army. With a few gretchen within your army as the posers.

Anyways I think this would be a creative army and one I'd pay to see at a tournie.

May the Dice Gods bless your rolls.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
I like your analogy. Lots of people at my school in a tiny Alaskan town try so hard to act 'gangsta' it isn't even funny... well, not till I poke fun at them. I'd advise you to just sit and watch MTV for a while. Call it research if you will. I realize you are probably more knowledgeable in this field than I am, but I can't tell you how many times I was inspired by something that I had gone over a thousand times.

Good luck! Post pics! Skeet in some Ultramarines' grills!

#12 ·
Although I would go against gold teeth... it's part of ork kultur that every kind of teef apart from proppa orky teef are frowned on. They just aren't orky... bear in mind that big gobs and the like don't change an ork's gnashers, they're just an addition to the wargear. To change what makes him an ork would not be orky.

Aside from that, you could do a very good Deathskullz variant, although I know that blue isn't much of a rapper colour. But they go in for lots of trinkets. Or flashy Bad Moons. Or make you own klan, which is probably the best option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.