New Eldar Stuff Coming Out? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Eldar Stuff Coming Out?

I'm new to the Eldar and have seen references to new stuff coming out, for instance a new codex? Can anyone confirm this and when it's coming out? And where could I find info on when new stuff is coming out?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Time for the broke record: rumours and previews, requests to confirm rumours included, belong in the rumours and previews forum. A simple search in said forum will yeild many threads which confirm the fact that this year we will be seeing a new eldar codex and new models. There is no exact date for when the new codex will be coming out but I believe the newest eldar models (rangers) are the models coming out for cities of death. The codex itself has been eluded to coming out around christmas time though...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread... so is it pointless for me to buy models now if they are going to change them and I wouldn't be able to use the old ones in competitions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that new models supecede old ones... as long as it is GW it should be fine. The only issue is if things change sizes, like new SM terminators v. old SM terminators. You might have to put something on a new base. If the model is no longer WYSIWYG it might be an issue as well but interpretation is liberal, as long as it is not confusing to your opponent.

Old rangers, guardians and support platforms will not be ususable with the new rules. I use classic scorpions and fire dragons in my army and plan to use old rangers once the new ones are out.

Enjoy!
    Homer Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Of course you will always be able to use the old models, where did you ever get an idea like that? Seeing as they will not be coming out with new models for a minimum of eight months I would buy something if your starting eldar.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I read there's going to be Eldar previews in the next WD, so it's worth checking out.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iIn the latest issue of WD it shows the new eldar rangers. they look good.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

You may also want to check out this thread.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard from the local GW store manager (I know most people take their word with a grain of salt, but this guy has a reputation for consistency without breaking his "secrecy agreement" with the company).

Regardless I heard that Guardians are going to be the shizzit in the new codex. Stock up on them. They are getting a major overhaul and should be much, much better in the new codex. I've heard they are one of the few models NOT changing, so they should be a safe buy. All the old models are still useable, provided nothing goes the way of the Griffin Mortar (I.E. dropped out of the 'dex for no reason). If there are WYSIWYG changes, I'm sure they are minor and most of the old models should be compatible.

So far word is that a new Wraithlord model, new rangers, and new aspect warriors (namely scorpions, reapers, and swooping hawks) will be getting overhauls to their models, so you could wait on buying them if you want the newer stuff. Also War Walkers are being redone.

All the vehicles and tanks and jetbikes, support weapons and heavy weapon platforms will keep their current models and will not change design-wise. I wouldn't expect new farseers or warlocks, so they are probably safe to buy as well.

If you are starting Eldar, I recommend buying falcons and wave serpents (the fire prism is rumored to get an "upgrade" that still leaves it essentially useless) and vypers, jetbikes only if you like the models (as I heard they aren't going to be too much better than they are now), seers, and guardians. That should be enough to keep your gaming urges at bay until the new stuff is released. Buy aspect warriors only if you really really want them, because they are all metal and all [or at least most] being redone.
    Last edited by Colonel_Ellios; April 19th, 2006 at 18:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Ah yeh about the new warwalker, I also hear that the new plastic ones will have a cool see through plastic bit to represent the sheild.

The current Gaurdians look so cool anyways they don't need to be re-done. Proabably my favourite model when it comes to basic troops.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast